Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Online Game

• 08-01-2007 5:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

After playing Gears Of War ,RB6 vegas , Fight NIght and Call Of Duty 3 iv concluded that COD3 is the best online IMO . The War mode is such good crack and the fact that you cant respawn in Gears starts wearing on you after awhile anyone else agree / disagree ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I totally agree! CoD3 is like digital crack. I've only played the demo of RB6 online – it's good, but not as fun. Fight Night is great with mates round – not so sure about online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭shortys94

Is COD3 as good offline?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

No, unfortunatly not, it blows offline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Fight night is cool online ,but shooter wise Gears is great for a while but besides the co-op mode its just run cover and get kill .Rb6 is good but you gotta know the maps inside out to stand a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

Looks great offline but its basicly point and shoot . If it had rainbows cover system it would be amazing .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

shortys94 wrote:
    Is COD3 as good offline?

I think it's quite good. Matter of opinion I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Pro Evo anyone! My favourite so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

Vyse wrote:
    I think it's quite good. Matter of opinion I suppose.

I enjoyed it offline though it wasn't as good as COD2 story mode. Quite a few bugs and some annoying A.I moments in it were the main thing I didnt like. Also thought that grapple thing they've added is kinda useless

I havent played it online yet but as soon as I get some free time I'll give it a shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

besty wrote:
    Pro Evo anyone! My favourite so far.
    Mine too, except when people crash the game. I'm typing this now as a result of beating some dude (CYN0S) 1-0, then he pauses the game and crashes it. I've had this happen before so no way am I getting another disconnect to my name.

CoD3 is great online aswell though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Bananna man

Im yet to play an online console game that even comes close to Socom 2 on the PS2. That is by far an away the best online game, i spent about 800 hours playing it over a year or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭MonkeyWrench

It would be COD3 for me. The offline game is very scripted but worth playing all the way through nonetheless. I have played Pro Evo online but find that there is lag in alot of games and this makes it literally unplayable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Tank Top Fever!

I've just about given up on playing Pro Evo ranked matches, too many laggers and crashers, I just play my mates now in player matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Timmy

COD3 for me also but it is in need of some new maps soon. Ranked play is still a nightmare, ages to connect and if anyone drops out before the game starts it crashes.

Graw/Rainbow/Halo 2 are all good FPS too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kenny_D

GStormcrow wrote:
    I havent played it online yet but as soon as I get some free time I'll give it a shot

Had a go of the online mode last night. After a lot of trouble getting into a ranked game due to what I think were modem issues (too picky about modems and needs a patch. no probs with any other games), I finally managed to get into a few games and I really really enjoyed them. Ended up staying up until 4am playing War matches. Didnt even realise the time. Looking forward now to get back into a few more games tonight

Its a lot better online than cod2 but the story mode in cod2 was better

Advertisement