Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Idea for new Quoting options in posts

Options
  • 08-01-2007 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a member of www.filmmakersnetwork.ie and they have a thingy there that might be a good feature to have on Boards. Basically, it's to do with quoting. When you quote someone, a little icon appears beside the quotation that will bring you back to the original post the quote was quoted from. (Sorry if that's explained badly, but as I was typing I was wondering how many times I could fit a variation of "quote" into on sentence).

It's a handy little feature which would be good for some of the longer arguments that we have here.

Also, they have an option to multi-quote. With it, you bascially scan down the page and click the multiquote button on any posts you want to quote. Then, when you get to the last one, you hit the actuall "quote" button and in your reply you'll find all the posts you quoted.

Of course, somebody will have to be arsed to put the code into the forum, but it'll make things nice. :)
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

This is actually available on every other bulletin site I use bar this one. Hrmm...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Afaik, that's a feature of the newest version of vB, which boards hasn't upgraded to yet. That feature should become available soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Sounds nifty. I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

didnt see anything on the offical site aboutnew version release date time :(

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You can also change the way you "view" threads here. Top right of any thread you can see a "Display Mode" drop down with three options. Try one of them, you might find its more to your liking.

Nothing is going to get upgraded until we get the servers in.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Just instead of starting a new thread about it, the other day on Boards I had some sort of spell checker when replying to posts. A red line appeared words that I misspelled... i think.
    Was this my imagination or does such a thing actually exist? It would be terribly handy for those niggling little spelling errors that force you to go back and edit...

Firefox 2 has that, I assume you just upgraded to it recently?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

That is a firefox addon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭InFront

Oh, you're right, thanks. I'm not mad so.

Advertisement