Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dunnes Stores HQ for Kilkenny

• 08-01-2007 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭

I heard somebody saying (kind of typical Kilkenny pub chat!) that Dunnes Stores are moving their HQ offices out of Dublin (Georges St I think is where theyre at) to Kilkenny. They will be located in the MacDonagh Junction development where they are also ancchor tenant with their dept store.
    Anybody able to confirm or deny this? Several other companies seem to have done this and moved to KK from Dublin too...

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

well first i've heard of it, ( i work for DS),

dont remember seeing anything in the staff magazine, i'll check again later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

well first i've heard of it, ( i work for DS),

dont remember seeing anything in the staff magazine, i'll check again later

Prob just somebody exageratting so..Maybe theyre moving just part of the office and not it all lock,stock and barrel..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I know someone in head office very well he's been there for 10 years and he hasn't heard anything about it.
    Probably pub talk

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

As far as I know Dunnes Stores have their HQ near the Navan road at the Blanchardstown shopping centre, its a huge building that was only built about seven years ago. so unless they are getting rid of property in dublin because of the looming property crash, I seriously doubt they will be moving down here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

As far as I know Dunnes Stores have their HQ near the Navan road at the Blanchardstown shopping centre, its a huge building that was only built about seven years ago. so unless they are getting rid of property in dublin because of the looming property crash, I seriously doubt they will be moving down here

They don't - that building in Blanchardstown was built to be Dunnes HQ, but whatever happened, they decided against moving out there. Last I read, they were expanding their existing HQ in Stephen St, D8, or maybe moving down the block - either way, not moving very far.

The building in Blanchardstown (quite a landmark) was empty for a long time, but in the last 18 months, Quinn Insurance have taken it over. There's even a big "Q" up on the top of the building that you can see from the main road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Angus MacGyver

fricatus wrote:
    They don't - that building in Blanchardstown was built to be Dunnes HQ, but whatever happened, they decided against moving out there. Last I read, they were expanding their existing HQ in Stephen St, D8, or maybe moving down the block - either way, not moving very far.

The building in Blanchardstown (quite a landmark) was empty for a long time, but in the last 18 months, Quinn Insurance have taken it over. There's even a big "Q" up on the top of the building that you can see from the main road.

My Bad, Its years since I lived up there, Serious building though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

i work in dunnes in kilkenny and never heard of this. Drunk talk its down tooo but i'll have look into it for you;)

Advertisement