Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jogging / Running Footwear

• 08-01-2007 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭

I've started doing a bit of running (road) and need to invest in some decent runners. I understand ASICs are well regarded...any advice re different makes?

Also, any advice re good shops with expertise / fitting equipment (I heard some have sensor tracks to analyse footfall)? Doesn't have to be near Dublin.

Finally, AFAIK someone (ASIC?) have done a shoe fitting "roadshow" where they measure different bits of your feet to get the best fitting runner. Anyone heard of this visiting Ireland this year?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

These seem to be the men for the job:

http://www.amphibianking.ie/

Based down in bray.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Agreed. Brilliant service. Best to ring and book ahead for an appointment. Damien will video you running to determine what way you run, recommend correct shoes for you and then re-video. He also accurately measures your feet. They stock Asics, Brooks Mizuno, Saucony. Prices are the same as "sports" shops in Dublin.
    It is about a 20 minute walk (8 minute run;) ) from Bray Dart station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 vermont

This service looks really good. Any idea how much the fitting part costs?

Also any ideas where else Saucony shoes might be stocked? Have hunted round Dublin for ages and not seen any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

The fitting and measuring etc is all part of the service, ie costs nothing. I was there before, and got my runners for the marathon.

I have yet to see anywhere else that stocks Saucony btw..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Do they take long to fit? I'm traveling in a week and would need them fairly sharpish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Damian is an active poster here and from what I've heard of his shop it is fantastically run and from the stories I've heard I would recommend it whole heartily. damianmckeever is his nick on here and I'd advise looking him up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Do they take long to fit? I'm traveling in a week and would need them fairly sharpish.

You go in. You run on the track while you're video'd. You're then recommended a few different pairs of shoes. You try each pair while being video'd again. You then make your decision based on the advice, and your own thoughts.

20mins, half an hour maybe?

K>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 678 ✭✭✭jmkennedyie

Perfect! Many thanks for the recommendations - will give them a shout in the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Thanks for the info guys

Advertisement