Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Co Louth, Dundalk

• 08-01-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

I have a job on offer in the area and since I don't know the area at all, I thought it best to see if any of you could help me out a bit?

I've been checking flats on Daft, but what is the area like for shopping, schools, etc?

ty

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I dont know Dundlak too well but have shopped there quite a few times and its excellent for shopping. There are retail parks with the likes of Harvey Normans etc and shopping centres with the usual high street names.

Also only 20mins to Newry to The Quays shopping centre.

Regarding schools, i wouldnt know anything about that but its a big town so id say there are quite a few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭event

well im from dunleer, around 20 minutes

off the top of my head, secondary schools are the christian bothers, the st vincents(girls), the louie(sp), the marist, the grammer. There could be more. Dont know about primary schools

for shopping, there is a tesco, few dunnes, superquinn. Then there are the little grocery shops. There is plenty to do, with many pubs, niteclubs, cinema, ice rink, JJB soccerdome and gym

there is a shopping centre, http://www.marshesshopping.com

people from dundalk will know more, but its a good area

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭sandyg

I moved to Dundalk about ten years ago. Im living just outside it (15 mins drive). I would recommend the move from dublin. Its only 35 mins to dublin airport from motorway so its not even that far out, Right next door to newry/belfast and also drogheda town is not far. There are good bus services around the town and long distances. Plenty of schools. If you are looking for a flat/house i would recommend that you look up some of the estate agents in the area you are looking for as they would have a better idea and they would be able to assit you with your school enquiry:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭Dundalk Daily

Everything is there that you need. If you need a quick tour pop down some day and I will oblige, probably best way to get a feel for the area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

Moved to Dundalk last autumn and love it!!!

Like the others say, plenty of shops and Newry only up the road for M&S, Sainsburys, Debenhams.....

Good sized town. not too big and not too small either!

Check out the local papers, The Argus or The Dundalk Democrat for flats. Both come out on a wednesday.

Only drawback is that no-one up here seems to have working indicators on their cars.... roundabouts are a bit like playing Russian Roulette!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

agree with sudz on the indicaters its a joke especially the roundabouts on the road to newry by harvey normans etc..

i only live in dundalk for college but make sure you dont get a flat/house ner the college a friends family live there and they say the people goin back to there student houses on a monday and thursday night are always waking them or vandalising something in there gardeb.

Advertisement