Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Astra Sporthatch - What options would you have ??

Options
  • 08-01-2007 6:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Guys,

My girlfriend drives a 06 Astra Sporthatch 1.4 Sxi and is changing it at the moment for another Sporthatch as she has passed the 30,000km mark after 6 months with it!! Hence dealers are offering her 18k to 18.5 k for it :eek:

She has decided on black but wants to get a few extras on it.

The panoramic roof option is available for 1800euro but seemingly if you get this you also need to get (ESP) Electronic Stbaility Programme at a further 800euro. Total cost 2600euro.

The other option she has is to get the OPC styling pack 1 for 1100 euro and then get the Xenon lights for 1400euro. Total cost 2500euro.

Which option would you go for?

Many thanks

Mark.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Personally, i'd take ESP and the xenon lights for a total cost of €2,200. Xenon lights make a big contribution to safety & comfort at night, and the ESP might save her life. Out of interest, at 60k km PA, mightn't she be better off looking at a diesel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Av8r_Mark

Hi Anan.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah thats exactly what the dealer and I was saying to her. She says she doesn't want a 1.3 in the diesel and basically doesn't like the sound it makes !!!

She will spend around the 2500k on the options on the petrol and thats it.

It would be easier move a mountain that persuade her to go diesel :)

Yeah I think the Xenons would be a great thing for her to have also

Kind regards

Mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Av8r_Mark wrote:
    Hi Anan.

Thanks for the reply

Yeah thats exactly what the dealer and I was saying to her. She says she doesn't want a 1.3 in the diesel and basically doesn't like the sound it makes !!!

She will spend around the 2500k on the options on the petrol and thats it.

It would be easier move a mountain that persuade her to go diesel :)

Yeah I think the Xenons would be a great thing for her to have also

Kind regards

Mark.

She will only be back in the same suituation in 6 months time again, a 1.4 litre Astra petrol Sport hatch with 30,000 km on the clock just a different colour! Sorry this trade up makes no sense to me at all other than going from 06 to 07.

Also the options she is paying for now will add no value to the car come trade-in time. It will just make it easier to sell given the higher than average mileage. Better off spending the extra money on the diesel option or buy a different car altogether.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

:eek:

Some people just have way, way, way too much money.

She's a car dealers dream customer.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Oh by the way, forget the 1.3 diesel, if she wants a diesel and is loaded (which she obviously is if she's willing to shell out the guts of €8k to upgrade only 6 months after buying a new car), get her to test drive the 1.9 CDTi. She won't want to drive a 1.4 petrol ever again after that.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Buy no extras. You'll pay a small fortune for them and get nothing for your trouble when selling.

3 door is a nice looking car, but black is a bugger to keep clean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,271 ✭✭✭irish_bob

OPEL are a bland middle of the road car
    they always have been
    that said , the new 50-50 offer from OPEL is very attractive
    i agree with the earlier post , some people have way too much money
    why would anyone chage thier car after 1 year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

irish_bob wrote:
    OPEL are a bland middle of the road car
    they always have been....

Oh I dunno...:D
    http://www.webwombat.com.au/motoring/news_reports/vx220t.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

irish_bob wrote:
    i agree with the earlier post , some people have way too much money
    why would anyone chage thier car after 1 year

Because they can. But I agree with you, too much money.

Advertisement