Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lump on cartilage piercing

Options
  • 08-01-2007 6:44pm

I had a cartilage piercing which just wasn't healing at all - it had a huge bump on the back and front, and after visiting various piercers and trying different things I took it out. Well now I still have a huge white/flesh coloured lump where it was. Is there anything I can do about it? It's hard and seems like scar tissue or something.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

sounds like keloid scar, could be wrong post up a pic if you can. zinc oxide is very good, can get it at pharmacists or boots. just keep rubbing stuf finto it and itl go down in a few months with some luck

• I'm hoping not because keloids don't go away. Zinc oxide you say? Will it burn my ear off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

shouldnt do, make sure its 15% though. havent used it myself but i have to, have some scar tissue :(
    vitamin D oil also can help, if you really wanna you could go to a dermatologist and see what they say...?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm hoping not because keloids don't go away. Zinc oxide you say? Will it burn my ear off?

They'll go away with proper care.

Advertisement