Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Another foundation question!!

• 08-01-2007 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

Hi all. Am wondering if anyone can help. I have very very pale skin its combination and gets quite oily during the day even though I use dermalogica etc. I cannot find a good oil free foundation for pale skin thatll stay on all day or at least till lunch time! I know the usual advice is to go into Brown Thomas etc but I always seem to end up buying a really expensive foundation there that is awful when I apply it myself. A couple of suggestions would be very much appreciated. Thanks!!:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Well you could get your foundation done there and learn how to apply it properly, and if you find that it's a good foundation and that it stays on then go back and buy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 538 ✭✭✭~Leanne~

I have very oily skin also and have tried so many foundations its unreal!!

Im now using Estee Lauder Double Wear, no shine during the day, its great. Also try using a shine control moisturiser before applying or No.7 do a great make-up base for only a tenner which matts the face.

Another foundation i found good also was Clinique Superfit.

Id advise you to get a few samples of these as see how they are colourwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭SystemError

I have the same problem. I found that if I treated my skin before putting foundation on, it helps a lot. Oil free wash & moisturiser, etc. Best to avoid anything with alcohol cuz they strip the oil from your skin, making it over-produce oil, and try to buy a water-based foundation.

Also, you can buy a primer which you slap on before the foundation. I bought a Smashbox primer at the airport once and its quite good, its matte and goes on really smooth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

If you want a long lasting foundation, go for Estee Lauder Double Wear or Loreal Infallible. Also, use a foundation brush to apply it. Mac do a good one. The brush will be pricey, but will last years.
    Use some powder to set the foundation too.

Advertisement