Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Admin required] Account merge (was "Right so")

Options
  • 08-01-2007 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

So I've sent about 3 PM's to two admins about getting my accounts merged over the past months. I'd like my boston account unbanned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You're Boston? I always find these things out last.

Rather than have every pleb including me making a comment, I'll move this to the Help Desk and mark it for admin attention.

Of course if you wanted to have every pleb making a comment you'll want to start a new thread here in Feedback.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Sorry I thought I did post this in feedback. Yep I'm boston, as per the tag and as per the Boston sig. I really don't under stand the idea behind banning my account. I wasn't using it to get around any existing bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I banned you because you were swapping between accounts, didn't realise you had asked to have them merged. Although.. now I think of it I seem to recall you saying that..

I've access to afew private forums which require the liouville account. I've pretty much decided to go back to the boston account but some cross over happens.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

I'll unban the Boston account, but when you post on one thread appearing to back yourself up then some mods get twitchy, especially if they're not aware of your ... history ... Try to minimise anything that might look dodgy.

Account merging is a bit of a pox I think, which is why it hasn't been done yet, but I'll have another look at it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Oh, my mistake. My old clunky method is broken, but vBulletin has it built in now. Accounts merging as I type. Your LiouVille account will be history.

Thanks ecksor. The swaping account thing in threads had already earned me a ban from a forum due to my own inability to keep track of which account I was using. It's why I added the signature.

Anyway, Thanks again.

Advertisement