Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else with this problem?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭

I've been having this same prob with 2142 since about 5pm yesterday.

I ranked up during that session but since then I havent been able to connect to the servers, I keep getting the 'Check your network connection' message when I try to join a server. Which is odd since I am posting this on the same pc that I play from.

Any help would be appreciated.

=) Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Spiritus wrote:
    I've been having this same prob with 2142 since about 5pm yesterday.

I ranked up during that session but since then I havent been able to connect to the servers, I keep getting the 'Check your network connection' message when I try to join a server. Which is odd since I am posting this on the same pc that I play from.

Any help would be appreciated.

=) Thanks

By any chance are you using a wireless connection? I occassionally get the same problem and have yet to find out why. Normally works fine after a reboot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

Yes it is a wireless conn. I cant see how it is the prob tho =/

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭dent

Spiritus wrote:
    Yes it is a wireless conn. I cant see how it is the prob tho =/

Me neither but from all my trawling of the internet thats the only thing that people with this exact problem have in common. Its a pain but a reboot solves it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

Same thing, works fine if you plug it in to the Router but dies on the wireless.. no idea why. I've taken to sitting in front of the router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 .:iE/Dixy

Had the same problem as this till i ran a cable instead of wireless and it sorted it out. Checked into it and best answer i could get was that even small packet loss to ea server is enough to disrupt the log in and make the game unplayable.
    .:iE/ www.irish-esports.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Whatever it is about EA online games, they really don't like wireless, back in the 1942 days, i'd chorus through an antanae, i could play every other game with pings around 20-30 but never 1942. I've wireless again , no problems with dod or others but i get Lost connection to server or lost packet punkbsuter kick every now and then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Buadhach

I had the same problem with wireless.
    If you disable the Windows Zero Config service in your services it will help.
    I think this routinely checks your connection and can throw it out of whack.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

I've had this problem on and off (BT broadband , wired ) but last night was the worst. 5 failed connections in a row , lost conenction to 2 servers,one when I was commander and we were winning! the second when I was a member of an excellent squad and racking up the points.

Never seems to happen when I'm on a dying streak.... :( (Run away! Me? No, I just lost connection...)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Damn!!

.:iE/Dixy wrote:
    Had the same problem as this till i ran a cable instead of wireless and it sorted it out. Checked into it and best answer i could get was that even small packet loss to ea server is enough to disrupt the log in and make the game unplayable.
    .:iE/ www.irish-esports.com

It's definately an ea problem, my connection's acting up lately anyway but it bombed me out of the game last night and left teamspeak and xfire working fine... maybe its the QoS on the router, needs to prioritize the Bf traffic

Advertisement