Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TNA on the rise - but why?

• 08-01-2007 8:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Courtesy of PWInsider's Mike Johnson:
    As noted on Friday, TNA Impact scored a 1.1 with a 1.6 share last Thursday. The episode drew a 1.0 among Males 18-34 and garnered 1.3 million viewers total. It was the best rated program of the night for SpikeTV, as Ultimate Fighter Unleashed at 10 PM scored a 0.9 with a 1.4. Afro Samuari at 11 PM and 11:30 PM respectively scored a 0.6 and 0.4. Inside the UFC scored a 0.3 at midnight.

Spike TV must be delighted at how TNA are doing but I'm curious to get your views on why TNA are performing as well as they are.

If you look at TNA's ratings, they got a 1.0 on July 6th and never got to that level again until their move to Prime Time on November 16th. Thus their ratings from that point were...

1.0, 0.9 (thanksgiving ep), 1.0, 1.0, 1.2, 1.1, 0.9 (Xmas ep) and most recently - a 1.1 last week.

What is the reason for this? Is it the Prime Time move? Is it interest in Angle vs Joe? Or, dare I say it, is it Russo's booking?

What do you think explains this boost in the ratings?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'd say it's simply the prime time move. Some people probably used to record it when it was on later, now they watch it when they can. Since the move to prime time they've got ratings mainly around 1.1, when the previous 2 months or so were around 0.8. There hasn't been that big a change in the company, apart from the airing time change. Of course, I'm sure Angle's got some more people watching, but I'd say it's mainly the time of the show as more people are watching tv and flicking through channels at that time. There's probably even a lot of Angle fans who are watching now but only came across him and the show as it was on at a better time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

On another site I found people attributing it to Russo's booking but he joined around September and the ratings remained what they were.

I agree with you that it's primarily due to the better timeslot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

its all down to the prime time slot imo, Russo's booking has done nothing for me over this last while, most of it makes zero sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Mhmm...weetabix

It's definitely because of the primetime move and that its the only viable alternative for wrestling fans who are sick of alot of the ****e wwe throw at them these days. TNA has the potential to be a better product with the x-division and tag team division far superior to the wwe alternative. A couple of more decent heavy weights and they'll be better then the wwe overall bar production value which will eventually get better. Hopefully this will eventually kick the WWE into high gear and bring around another "attitude era."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Did you hear how loud the TNA chants were during the Rosie/Trump crapfest? It was brilliant. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

yeah, and more and more people becoming aware of it, and not just regarding it as a small second rate promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

And Hopefully TNA will take over from WWE and bring back some respect to Pro Wrestling because i just can't see WWE firing most of it's useless wrestlers and getting some decent ones in anytime soon. Good to see TNA on the rise. Means their doing something rite whatever it may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Stalfos wrote:
    Means their doing something rite whatever it may be.

Pole matches! Russo loves his poles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, i just read that line in Eddie's book last night about all the pole matches they were having in WCW. Buff Bagwell's mother on a pole

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Flip sake,I've been watching more TNA lately than WWE (and I was at Wrestlemania and a live RAW there and one in Manchester last year!) A Florida show is on the cards surely!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

i got that tna 50 greatest moments dvd recently,some great stuff on there,that joe/daniels/styles match was fantastic,even if it is just the highlight reel! there re far too many wcw and wwe former employees but the talent that is there is great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

krudler wrote:
    i got that tna 50 greatest moments dvd recently,some great stuff on there,that joe/daniels/styles match was fantastic,even if it is just the highlight reel! there re far too many wcw and wwe former employees but the talent that is there is great

Speaking of TNA merchandise, from TNA website:

Only 250 exist! for $59.95

You will receive an Autographed Action 8x10 Photo exclusive to TNA - Signed by the Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle.

You will also recieve one signed by the Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe.

These photos are numbered 1 thru 250 with a Certificate of Authenticity.

PLUS you will recieve a Samoa Joe T-Shirt!
    PLUS you will recieve a Kurt Angle T-Shirt!

BUT WE'RE NOT DONE YET!

Also included in this package is "Unstoppable - The Best of Samoa Joe" DVD!

And as if this wasn't already amazing enough you will also be among the first 250 people to receive the new "Bound for Glory 2006" PPV DVD!!

Thats a hell of a deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Speaking of TNA merchandise, from TNA website:

Only 250 exist! for $59.95

You will receive an Autographed Action 8x10 Photo exclusive to TNA - Signed by the Olympic Gold Medalist Kurt Angle.

You will also recieve one signed by the Samoan Submission Machine Samoa Joe.

These photos are numbered 1 thru 250 with a Certificate of Authenticity.

PLUS you will recieve a Samoa Joe T-Shirt!
    PLUS you will recieve a Kurt Angle T-Shirt!

BUT WE'RE NOT DONE YET!

Also included in this package is "Unstoppable - The Best of Samoa Joe" DVD!

And as if this wasn't already amazing enough you will also be among the first 250 people to receive the new "Bound for Glory 2006" PPV DVD!!

Thats a hell of a deal.

Very,VERY tempted to get this :D

Advertisement