Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT BB default password that works?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Just moved house and finally my DSL sync light came on on my router tonight, however-- my password from the old house doesn't work!

Does anyone know a BT user/pass combo that definitely works, then when tech support finally returns my call (!) I can use the new password that they were supposed to give me...

Cheers
    A.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

do BT still use ZyXel kit? if so admin/1234 is user/password combo by default.
    you may have to factory reset by holding in reset buttin when powering on.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭fixxation

Hi gibo

Actually it's not the router password, I've been using my Netgear DG834G and my old eircom Netopia one, both with a slew of old passwords everytime I've had to move house... it's the actual ISP BT BB password that doesn't seem to work since they cancelled my last connection... was just hoping maybe there's a default one that is available until tech support tells me my correct one...

Thanks
    A.
    gibo_ie wrote:
    do BT still use ZyXel kit? if so admin/1234 is user/password combo by default.
    you may have to factory reset by holding in reset buttin when powering on.
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

ahh got ya, picked up wrong there. there is no default password unfortunately but if you are on bitstream and you have a mate who also is on BT bitstream you can use his password without problems ;)
    obviously try to stay within his/her download limits!
    (this definately works as i used to work in the broadband dept)

Ahh just got in with a friends password, happy days!

Appparently my new one will work tomorrow so all good... :D

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

curious, didn't know you could do that, I presume only one of you can be logged in at any given time ?

• Advertisement

Not sure... I suppose I'll find out the moment he rings tellin me to get off his BB account! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

parasite wrote:
    curious, didn't know you could do that, I presume only one of you can be logged in at any given time ?
    I came accross this before in an even stranger scenario. I setup a spare modem for a customer after he was sent a faulty one. The spare modem still had the previous users BT password saved but when I set it up it logged on and connected straight away.

The reason it's a stranger scenario is the guy I was setting it up for had Eircom broadband.:eek:

Advertisement