Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis from Dart to Charlseland

Options
  • 08-01-2007 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Hi All,
    Is it just me or is it notoriously difficult to get a taxi from the Dart Station to Charlesland. Any night I am out in Dublin I arrive back in Greystones on the last Dart to be greeted by an empty taxi rank and a 25 minute walk. There isnt even a feeder bus wating. Last week I tried 4 different numbers for local cabbies and all of them refused the fare. Maybe I am overlooking a good business opportunity!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Looks like I'm as lazy as you Wineman! Yeah, you never know where the taxis are and god forgive if you ever parked in one of their spaces!!!

This is where you agree with your mates that if you end up on a late train home for one reason or another with no shuttle bus available that your mate will pick you up. Obviously you need a friend that would be doing the same back to you! Anyway, I think the fare back is a bit heafty... sometimes 8 euros. Actually 8 euro isn't bad...when exactly do you need these lifts home?! I'll start applying for my PSV now, honest!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Last time I took the last Dart home, it took me about 45 minutes to get back to Charlesland from the station.

It's a VERY long walk when you're weaving from side to side on the pavement...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Last time I took the last Dart home, it took me about 45 minutes to get back to Charlesland from the station.

It's a VERY long walk when you're weaving from side to side on the pavement...

thats some serious weaving - it takes 25 minutes max if you're sober.

I always ring ahead for a cab before I get on the DART - never had a problem getting one. You need to have the numbers of a few companies. Either that or get off at Bray and get a 184 (last one is at 2330 though).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ah now guys,

the walk gets rid of the hangover!

and fyi, i've gotten a taxi from the dart st to the crescent, it works out at about €10 (robbin ba**ards!)

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

I was driven to the Court one night and the Hackney driver told me it was a set fare of €6, even that seems a bit high. I checked the distance on the odometer on my car and from the Superquinn roundabout to the Dart Station it is exactly 1 mile. I`m not well versed on taxi fares (suppossedly now a regulated industry) but it seems scandalous to be charged €8 - €10 to go one mile. Cabbies maybe taking advantage of us poor isolated Charleslanders.

P.s Cost me €40 to come from Dalkey to here last week, you could buy an old banger for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

any time I've got a cab its cost me €6. it does seem a bit steep, but if you hail a taxi off the street theres €4 on the meter before you even go anywhere and its then about €1 a kilometre, so it would work out around the same. €10 is a ripoff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Wineman wrote:

P.s Cost me €40 to come from Dalkey to here last week, you could buy an old banger for that!

€50 euro from club 92 and €75+ from town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 llocc

€10 is a bit steep alright. normally I just give a shout around to see who else is going up that way and split the fare. works out at €2 or €3 a head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 FVC

made 4 recent trips from stephens green to greystones dart station - between 45 & 48 if u go via southern cross road and 55 to charlesland if u go via the new road up by eden gate.

Advertisement