Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BT/IOL how can I get through to helpline..?

Options
  • 08-01-2007 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Ok strictly not a broadband question but cant see anywhere else to post it. My IOL connection wont let me retrieve my email. Im using Outlook Express and it just fails! This has been a problem for a few weeks but in the last 2 days it downright fails to collect the email.

When i connect through Eircom dial up it will get the emails from the first 2 email accounts but fail on the third one.

Also in the past months my connection has gone from 46.0 to 33.6! Now at the moment its either 52.6 or 33.6, no in between!

Im trying 1890923111 but was told at the outset to expect "very long delays". I didnt realize how long till I hung up after 112 minutes, I kid you not.

I used never to have problems with them before, and if I did, could always get through promptly. What the heck is going on? And solution!!!??

h

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

you can't, this has been going on for months. the idiots should stop advertising for a month to play catchup .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Lots of people have been talking about it, Its almost impossible to get a hold of them no matter how long you stay on the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭hawthorn

In the meantime I have no email. Is there a head office number or anything like that?

h

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Shifty

try logging onto www.webmail@iol.ie and sign in from there, i have used this on several occasions when I had problems accessing emails through iol account. Should be able to access from any PC

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭ken90

I would love to know the answer.

My IOL Broadband has not worked in 6 Months.

I cannot get thru to Helpline at all.

Queue buster does not work.

When Bill Murphy was MD an email to him got phone calls from at least 3 people.

• Advertisement

try complaints@btireland.ie if you have mail at work, tell us if that works ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

best of luck with that. I can tell ye that customer.care@btireland.ie doesnt work, aside for the automated reply thats all the contact you're likely to ever get. f u c k ing tossers :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Dont have a serious problem at the moment but with this deplorable level of customer "service" i'm seriously thinking of moving my phone and bb custom.

Whats blueface voip like? did i hear some radio advert from ntl about a tv and bb offer??

Scruff wrote:
    I can tell ye that customer.care@btireland.ie doesnt work, aside for the automated reply thats all the contact you're likely to ever get.

Its now 4 weeks behind so they will reply in 4 weeks asking if you still have a problem and will then reply to your reply to the reply 4 weeks after that again asking if you STILL have a problem.

Go to complaints@btireland.ie first .

Subject, "nobody answers phone "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Subject, "nobody answers phone "
    Perhaps they forgot to pay the phone bill? Or worse again, they're providing their own service :eek:

Things just seem to be getting worse at BT's customer care dept, I didn't honestly think that was possible. Thankfully I haven't had any reason to try contacting them for quite a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I dont beleive it. I decided to try 1904 - Customer Support again and i actually got to talk to someone after 3 mins. Flabbergasted isnt the word!!
    He said they were having an unusually high volume of calls coming in particularly with faults because of the recent storms.
    Anywho, will have to see if the issue i'm having is actually resolved in the next day or two like he said or if i'll have to ring up again....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭pissed

I joined BT in Sept last year, while I have had no problem with the service (bb/phone) their customer service has to be the worst ever. I done the self install and was still billed for a modem and connection fee ( awaiting refund to credit card) To date, I have received 1 bill and this was only after I reported them to consumer affairs and put bt complaints as a cc on the email :D , since then BT complaints have sent me a few emails with promises of refunds here and there ...... still waiting. They have overcharged me at every stage so far. A quick question for anyone that receives a bill, is the bill itemised - does it list all the numbers that you are being charged for? I am on the €45 per month package.
    I opted for the online bill and they couldnt even manage that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭surveys

hawthorn wrote:
    Ok strictly not a broadband question but cant see anywhere else to post it. My IOL connection wont let me retrieve my email. Im using Outlook Express and it just fails! This has been a problem for a few weeks but in the last 2 days it downright fails to collect the email.

When i connect through Eircom dial up it will get the emails from the first 2 email accounts but fail on the third one.

Also in the past months my connection has gone from 46.0 to 33.6! Now at the moment its either 52.6 or 33.6, no in between!

Im trying 1890923111 but was told at the outset to expect "very long delays". I didnt realize how long till I hung up after 112 minutes, I kid you not.

I used never to have problems with them before, and if I did, could always get through promptly. What the heck is going on? And solution!!!??

h

The solution. ? There isn't one with BTIreland. Just go to some other provider, but 'who' is the $million question. ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Trumps

Here is an email address to use when you have serious complaints.
    (non technical) wouldyoulikeit@ifiputupyouremailaddress.huh - Don't tell them you got it here. ! It will no doubt get changed fairly fast, so use it while you can. :)

Advertisement