Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Inverter at Aldi for €25, 12Volt to 230 Volt

• 08-01-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭

I think that what it is called. Plugs into cigarette lighter and has 3 pin plug socket, with current output230 volt and 150 watt. Checking my Acer power supply I see it is 19 Volt and 3.8Amp. I think that converts to about 80 watt.

So would this be strong enough to run this laptop from car battery??

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

The output of your laptop transformer is about 80 watts the input would be higher, I have a power supply here thats 65w output to laptop but the input at 220v is about 150w. It will probably be okay but it's the input ratings of the power supply you'd need to check I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭dohouch

The input rating of power supply is 110-230 Volt at 2.3Amp, so is this then a power requirement of 529 Watt?

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,412 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

dohouch wrote:
    The input rating of power supply is 110-230 Volt at 2.3Amp, so is this then a power requirement of 529 Watt?

probably 2.3A at 110v, so 250w, does seem slightly high when the output of the supply is 80w. If your just charging the laptop it wouldnt draw too much power, when your running the laptop it will use more power. Wheather the rating are just conservative or you do need over 200w for a stable supply I don't know

Advertisement