Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6111, broken, what to do?

• 08-01-2007 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all, I bought myself a nokia 6111 about 3 months ago sim free from the 3g shop in Dundrum. I've had a few little problems with it......clearing the text in a text message and its turned off and on a couple of times, but it hasn't bothered me too much to be honest.

Now the problem is.....on stephen's night i dropped my phone in the pub, i thought it was fine up until last wednesday or thursday when i went to charge it and it wouldn't charge. It had charged a few times perfectly since i dropped it. But it looks to me that something is loose, when i plug the charger into the phone, the socket is a bit loose and moves a bit. It does charge after a few attempts. I was thinking of changing my phone so i wanna sell this, but i would like to get it fixed first, so what should i do and where shoudl i go to get it fixed and sort out the software fault on it? Any idea of the cost?

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Send it to MPRC, still under the manufacturers warranty so it shouldn't cost you anything. Someone correct me if I am wrong. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

You're not 100% wrong. They should fix it if it's not painfully obvious that the damage was caused by a drop. Software issue will only be fixed for free if a drop isn't seen to be the cause of any damage. Best to hand it in though. Not going to cost you anything for them to tell you they can or can't repair it for free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

By chance the other night after posting this i found out there is a dodgy connection in my charger and that is why my phone isn't charging all the time. So i'll have to buy a new one!

On the software issue, how long would i need to leave the phone in for? And i have the original receipt so would i better going back to 3g?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BrynW wrote:
    By chance the other night after posting this i found out there is a dodgy connection in my charger and that is why my phone isn't charging all the time. So i'll have to buy a new one!

On the software issue, how long would i need to leave the phone in for? And i have the original receipt so would i better going back to 3g?
    it can take ages depending on what they're doing. probably faster and easier to get it flashed yourself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

it can take ages depending on what they're doing. probably faster and easier to get it flashed yourself

How do i get it flashed myself? Where do i bring it? And how much?!!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

BrynW wrote:
    How do i get it flashed myself? Where do i bring it? And how much?!!?
    nokia centre on dawson street. free if in warranty. the best word to use for the staff is "belligerent" so i suppose you'll just have to put up with that :)

Advertisement