Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave and similar products

Options
  • 08-01-2007 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭

Basically, I'm moving into a flat for about a six-month period shortly and am wondering if there any similar products out there to Ripwave's "Broadband in a box" product?

Regular DSL connections aren't an option and the NTL tv would be in the landlord's name....with 3 other flats in the same house using that NTL, I presume I can't just get NTL broadband off the point in my smallish flat.

Its gonna be tough moving to that 512 wireless Ripwave after being on a very solid 2meg Eircom connection for the last few months :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

elbow316 wrote:
    Basically, I'm moving into a flat for about a six-month period shortly and am wondering if there any similar products out there to Ripwave's "Broadband in a box" product?

Regular DSL connections aren't an option and the NTL tv would be in the landlord's name....with 3 other flats in the same house using that NTL, I presume I can't just get NTL broadband off the point in my smallish flat.

Its gonna be tough moving to that 512 wireless Ripwave after being on a very solid 2meg Eircom connection for the last few months :/
    i'm in pretty much the same situation as you. i got ripwave and i get about 20kbps max. paaaaaiiinnnnnnfffffffuuuuuuuulllllllllllllllllllllllll. ntl bb is a 12 month contract anyway. i looked into everything and ripwave was the only option for me.

although try metro. they do a 6 month contract but they didn't cover me. they put a box on the roof though.

and why can't you get a landline in? eircom bb is a 6 month contract

Advertisement