Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wooden Floor too close to skirting board

Options
  • 08-01-2007 9:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

I recently put down a wooden floor and could remove the skirting boards as the wall would have got wrecked. I am only getting around to putting the beading down now and am trying to put some speaker wire in between the floor and the skirting. Some of the gaps between the floor and the skirting have closed in (due to expansion). Is there a tool out there that I can use to strip away another 5-10mm from the board that is up against the wall?

Really appreciate any responses.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Could you force the wire across at the points where you have openings? Use something like coat-hangar wire to pull/push it through?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The only thing that I know that would probably do the trick is an Arbortech blade on a 4" or 4 1/2" grinder, the blade is actually like a chainsaw but in a circular form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

croucher wrote:
    Hi,

I am only getting around to putting the beading down now and am trying to put some speaker wire in between the floor and the skirting. .

Could you chamfer the back edge of the beading? or rebate it?

Also you could use a biscuit jointer, set to the correct depth(i think Size 10) and keep it tight to skirting and plunge it down as often as needed, I've used this before and it worked a treat where a floor had bowed, as it had swelled tight to a wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 croucher

Thanks guys for the replys.... Could rebate the beading but would prefer to trim the floor as I may run across problems in the future with expansion, also have tried to use the pull bar that I used to lay the floor but it didn't give an awful lot (1mm)... I heard of a biscuit saw before and looked up on the net, didnt realise it was called a bisciut jointer!!!!, makes sense now, will try get my hands on one of these... cheers

Advertisement