Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ty i hate it

• 08-01-2007 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

i just hate ty in my skul and i like havent been to skul in over a month cause i hate it what can i do instead of goin to skul for the rest of the yr?? i ave missed well over 20 days and i dont whatn the dep of education callin to me house! ny one ave any ideas tat i can give top the skul ? im leavin in sept to got to a dif omne fot 5th n 6th but i don no wat to do till then as im in a fee payin skul its 3grand a yr and i ave barely been yet this yr i dont wan go and it wasitn me mums money what can i do? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Stay in TY. You need to learn to spell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

lmao

god

he went from something about ty to owing his mam a few k in a few sentances without me outstanding anything...........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

If you are over 15, which I'm assuming you are seeing as you're in TY, you won't have the department of education calling to your house. Please refrain from using txt-speak or your posts may be deleted.

Rozabeez.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

feylya wrote:
    Stay in TY. You need to learn to spell.

Yes, and Yes.

that is THE WORST SPELLING I HAVE EVER SEEN, EVER

sorry to tell you but i dont think they accept "txt spk n da lvn crt u c"

maybe tell us WHY you hate ty(IN ENGLISH THIS TIME) and then we MIGHT be able to help you a bit, but for now, go back to _school_ and try to get on with the year.Its not THAT bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Go easy on him/her. All I can recommend is to ignore whatever is upsetting you in school and keep yourself busy with things. Make TY a year for YOU to do what you want and get a part-time job or get involved in something you're interested in that'll take you away from school for a bit (like sport or drama or the Young Scientist, though it's a bit late for that one.) And I hate my school too and am perpetually miserable in it but I have to put up with it because I really just can't change. You're not alone, plenty of people can't stick school for several reasons so just deal with it in whatever ways you can for the time being.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Rozabeez wrote:
    If you are over 15, which I'm assuming you are seeing as you're in TY, you won't have the department of education calling to your house. Please refrain from using txt-speak or your posts may be deleted.

Rozabeez.

Aw you're such a good mod Roe :) you remind me of a mini Thaed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

Go easy on him/her. All I can recommend is to ignore whatever is upsetting you in school and keep yourself busy with things. Make TY a year for YOU to do what you want and get a part-time job or get involved in something you're interested in that'll take you away from school for a bit (like sport or drama or the Young Scientist, though it's a bit late for that one.) And I hate my school too and am perpetually miserable in it but I have to put up with it because I really just can't change. You're not alone, plenty of people can't stick school for several reasons so just deal with it in whatever ways you can for the time being.

Agreed.

...I'd like to have something to add, but...

OP, can you tell us what exactly is the problem with TY? Why don't you like it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

ty aint that bad. Ok, so I hated it so much at one point, in october, but for entirely different reasons. I was being bullied by a younger girl, and felt liek i wanted to just walk out and never come back. But like still, i got through it. Discuss it with your ty co-ordinator..

its not 15 its 16 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I don't like TY either.
    we don't do anything fun,and with these projects I feel more stress than I did all last year!
    we just go to class everyday,read books and go home
    the only upside is that we don't get much homework,then again we didn't last year either
    we go on the odd couple of boring trips
    there's no interesting stuff for us to do as my school has banned fundraising
    the co-ordinators wanted it to be more academic this year,and that's what they got.
    too bad it ruined the fun.
    (see,I explained the reasons and I typed in English!
    only messing,just watch the text speak)

its not 15 its 16 ?

According to LC Home Economics, Full time education is cumpulsory for children in Ireland aged 6 - 15.

I don't think the OP is coming back..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Rozabeez wrote:
    According to LC Home Economics, Full time education is cumpulsory for children in Ireland aged 6 - 15.

good auld Home Ec :p
    (didn't know it went into so much detail)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Clodidah wrote:
    Ty everywhere is boring.

No, it's not. that's your opinion. Just because something's your opinion doesn't mean it's true. do you go to school EVERYWHERE at once? have you done transition year EVERYWHERE? no? then don't go making such statements.

it is also dependent on people, and what they like to do, etc.

Rozabeez wrote:

Me neither...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

Jesus people calm down. Anyone ive spoken to has said they find it boring,

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,277 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Just as a a point of information, once a student misses 20 days of any school year, they have to (by law) be reported by the school to the National Education Welfare Board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

No, it's not. that's your opinion. Just because something's your opinion doesn't mean it's true. do you go to school EVERYWHERE at once? have you done transition year EVERYWHERE? no? then don't go making such statements.
    i love ty... meh..

I love TY! I've made so many friends and been to so many parties and gotten so wasted, this is the best year ever!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yeah one of the best things is all the free time and being able to go to so many parties and all.

Yeah my mum said I'll only be allowed out for 18th in 6th year, and next year I wont be allowed out an awful lot, but with the hip place to be just a minute from my house my friday and saturday nights shouldn't be so bad.

i though i was bad...........im not allowed ANYWHERE till after junior..............and still no concerts till after Leaving

Piste wrote:
    Yeah my mum said I'll only be allowed out for 18th in 6th year, and next year I wont be allowed out an awful lot, but with the hip place to be just a minute from my house my friday and saturday nights shouldn't be so bad.

woah... you must be aiming for a hell of a course so.

i though i was bad...........im not allowed ANYWHERE till after junior..............and still no concerts till after Leaving

me neither:(

i wish i could go 2 just 1 ity bity concert:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Jaysus. The LC is not the biggest thing in the world! Concerts are great!

Jaysus. The LC is not the biggest thing in the world! Concerts are great!
    its probably to do with that i live in shligo but..

i wasn't even allowed on my jr cert nite either!:(

Jakkass wrote:
    woah... you must be aiming for a hell of a course so.

Mmhm, 540* last time I checked :)

Not 540 STAR?!

• Advertisement

STAR! it's the STAR that's the bolloxed bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

You gotta find the cure for cancer to get that STAR!

I think the course I'm going for is something like 440-480 ( no star, thank you very much, piste is gonna get that ;D) in pretty much all the colleges in Ireland, though I'd love to study abroad.

Fourth year is mad craic, how you can hate something so much fun. I've been working my arse off all year and still having loads of laughs.

Haha how funny would it be if that's what the star actually meant! "yes you got 900 points but no you can't do medecine because you havent cured cancer yet"

I hope to jeebus it doesn't mean that, or you should be well into your research for it now.

Are you?

Piste wrote:

Well that must be one hell of a course, what is it may I ask.
    I want to do Comp Sci & Software Engineering in Maynooth its 315 (subject to change next year obviously, and year after that)

Piste wrote:

I feel your pain- 520* for me, and there's something like 10 places on the course :eek:.

• Advertisement

I feel your pain- 520* for me, and there's something like 10 places on the course :eek:.
    550* ... lets just say im quietly confident

400. : ) Or 490*. Looking at CAO.ie, Drama and Theatre studies in TCD has THREE stars. That's an awful lot of cancer to be curing.

so I take it everyones hoping to go to TCD..
    (rediculously high points imply it)

There are other colleges?

Ot-her coll-e-ges?

Nah, I'm not trying to go to TCD, I'd be killed there, for sure. The course I'm trying to get into is 460 points (no cancer curing here), but I'll probably be in 2 ordinary classes in 5th, irish and french, so it's gonna be tough. :( I'm not the best at langauges, and I'll have to work hard at maths to keep my grade up, I really just need a good teacher.
    That's probably the only bad thing about TY for me, bad french and maths teachers. Great irish teacher though, learning loads from her this year.

• Advertisement

#Elites wrote:
    you didnt do that in 1st, 2nd and 3rd year?!

Well y'see 1st year was full of making friends, 2nd year wasn't exactly FULL of it but there was some getting wasted, 3rd year was the year for parties, 4th is like a mixture of the best of all three!

Yeah I'm thinking TCD will be my first choice, European Studies. The only other college in Dublin that I know does it is IT Tallaght and that's really out of the way. My second choice will be Applied Languages and Intercultural Studies in DCU which os about 350, so it's either get 540, or have a 1 hour commute a day for 3 years >.<

Well Maynooth is practically Dublin these days...
    and they offer European Studies at a nice 350.
    http://admissions.nuim.ie/subjects/arts_european-studies.shtml

That's even further than Tallaght!

And from what I've seen, it's in the middle of nowhere!

The south campus does look like hogwarts though.

Really? I've only even seen the business school. It looked like.. a big glass building in an expanse of roads and countryside.

Oh I think that's in the north campus. The south campus is definitely Hogwarts.

Jakkass wrote:
    so I take it everyones hoping to go to TCD..
    (rediculously high points imply it)

actually yes!

euther that or the royal college of surgeons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Wow this has gone off topic..........where are the mods now huh? Oh wait, they were the ones who brought it off topic.....

And from what I've seen, it's in the middle of nowhere!

haha... nowhere..
    It's in suburbia, do you consider places 16 miles outside Dublin city centre nowhere. It's surrounded by several towns over 20,000 people (namely Leixlip, Lucan, Celbridge). Intel and Hewlett Packard factories nearby. Hardly nowhere if international companies consider to settle nearby.
    Really? I've only even seen the business school. It looked like.. a big glass building in an expanse of roads and countryside.
    it's practically in the middle of Maynooth.

The Callan Building (Comp Sci and Biology), Electronic Engineering and John Hume Building (Arts) seem to be pretty deadly too from being there last year. Again North Campus.

Oh and to bring this back on topic... as many have requested, If you hate TY you are likely to hate 5th year even more, and you can't mitch off that if you want to do well in the LC. My answer to the OP would be simply to get over it. Sounds incredibly simplistic but people do things they don't like every day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement