Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ty i hate it

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭rediguana

feylya wrote:
    Stay in TY. You need to learn to spell.

It's funny because it's REALLY true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Jakkass wrote:
    haha... nowhere..
    It's in suburbia, do you consider places 16 miles outside Dublin city centre nowhere.

More than 10 miles outside Dublin = middle of no-where didn't you know. It'd still be awkward to get to from where I live, Trinity really is the most attractive college as it's within walking distance of my house.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Ah! I live like, 10.2 miles from the city centre! Doomed to a life of a bogger now.

Jakkass- still the middle of nowhere to me! If it takes me an hour to get to town from where I live, it must take an hour and a half from maynooth. That's an awful long way from the city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I suppose NUIM is more attractive for me due to 30 mins commuting distance and against the traffic. Whereas Trinity is about an hr to get to. Also TCD didn't have a good vibe for me on the open day.
    Piste wrote:
    More than 10 miles outside Dublin = middle of no-where didn't you know
    Sweet 8.6 miles :p (i'm within the range)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭BlueSpiral

Piste wrote:
    More than 10 miles outside Dublin = middle of no-where didn't you know. It'd still be awkward to get to from where I live, Trinity really is the most attractive college as it's within walking distance of my house.
    Walking distance? Where do you live, hmv??
    *can't think that people other then hippies and college students can live in town*
    I live 'bout 6 miles from the centre, Jakkass, you're considered a culchie by my standards.:D

I live in Ranelagh, 'tis about a 20 minute walk away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

rural dundalk myself, bout a 90 km walk..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

TY was probably the best thing I ever did....as for being snowed under with projects:rolleyes: you'd never last in college

The points game isn't about aiming for a course in somewhere you want....It's picking a range of courses that are similar in different locations and doing your best.....I had 120 spare for Business in UL and that was my first choice. I would have just gotten my second choice but the cost of accomodation in Cork is mad Galway and Dublin are even worse.

Whereas UL students dominate the housing estates within a 2 mile radius (well on the Limerick Side) and there's plenty of space on campus too for 1st years who don't know anyone, you get readymade friends because you'll have housemates that you won't have met before. You could spend your entire time here without leaving campus except heading out in town and going home at weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

do you ty folk get into trouble for never having projects done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Jello

Yep.. I've yet to start a science project I was given about two months ago.

Lol no, that's why they never end up getting done :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Piste wrote:
    Lol no, that's why they never end up getting done :p

Agreed... most of the teachers in my school have the same attitute to TY as a lot of the students did. In some ways it was an advantage and in some ways it wasn't. I wouldn't had chosen to do it if I had the choice (t'was complulsory).

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement