Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Question on Ford Car

Options
  • 08-01-2007 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

question on a ford ka.

I've a ford Ka - 00 reg.Doesn't do crazy mileage
    (total mileage is at about 40K)

anyway,was thinking of changing and took it to a garage for a test drive. I thought there was a bit of a loss of power when changing gear but I haven't driven the car enough lately so I thought it was just down to that.

The lad in the garage says the clutch is about to go - car was only serviced in November!

Question is - is this normal, I know it 7 years old but it's not mucked about and the mileage is low

Thanks

LB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,895 ✭✭✭patrickc

it really depends on how hard the person driving the car is on the clutch...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Test the clutch. Get the car moving iin 4th gear at around 50kph. Accelerate hard.

If the engine revs rise and the speed doesn't your clutch is slipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ladybirdirl

Thanks all,

First off I learnt to drive in the car so I'm sure I was brutal to the clutch!

I did as you suggested and the revs did rise but the speed barely moved

Only problem is now to find a garage that doesn't cost a bloody fortune.A certain ford garage in Rialto want 631 smackers to do the job!!:eek:

Thanks again

LB

Advertisement