Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small Laptop

• 08-01-2007 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

I am looking around for a nice small laptop, 11-13.3" screen.
    What are the best models available?

I would be looking at the 1000-1500 (max) mark.

I know there are a lot of Sony Vaio's that are nice and small, as well as the small mac laptop. Anyone know of any other brands/models of well built truely portable laptops.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

You could look at the Dell XPS M1210 or Latitude D420

M1210 at €1,459 has Core 2 Duo, 1024RAM and 160GB HD, also has an integrated webcam and DVD burner - looking at getting one myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Dell Latitude D420 gets my vote. I'm very happy with my D410. It is small enough to use on my lap and big enough to be usable.

Cal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭Obelisk29

Cal wrote:
    Dell Latitude D420 gets my vote. I'm very happy with my D410. It is small enough to use on my lap and big enough to be usable.

Cal.

Hi Cal,

Whats the performance like - the D420 as the 1.2Ghz Ultra-low voltage processor - does it perform ok for office tasks, surfing etc.

O29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

It's outstanding with regular office & surfing usage. I have 1GB of RAM on board and this helps. It has good battery life too. I have this unit almost a year now and I still think I made the correct choice.

Cal

Advertisement