Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Exemption - Urgent help needed!

Options
  • 08-01-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/education/the-irish-education-system/exemption_from_irish/?searchterm=irish%20exemption

I am an idiot and forgot about needing to apply for this thing and figured I'd be 100% eligible seeing as I wasn't born in Ireland, haven't lived here my whole life, don't hold an Irish passport and because I lived in England for the two years preceding 6th year(lived in England for 2 years and dropped out before my A2 exams so doing the damn exam in one year). I've no idea what to do now... does anyone know of any loopholes? I did Irish ordinary level for the junior cert. I'm also studying Finnish as my 3rd language already so would that help? I'm calling the NUI tomorrow to beg...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭whassupp2

ring dept of education to see are you eligible for an exemption.
    if not.....do ordinary, get some grinds, give it your best shot and hope for the best.

Advertisement