Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding

Options
  • 08-01-2007 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

I got that 25 euro Netopia Eircom modem yesterday in PC world and set it up no problem.This evening I tried to set up port forwarding on it but cant get it going at all.I followed this guide a number of times and Im 99.9% sure I followed it correctly

http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/Azureus.htm

I tried doing it with both U torrent (a different guide) and Azureus which this guide is for.Has anybody had and problems setting up this router for port forwarding and and advice as to where I might be going wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

You might have to drop the firewall setting a bit, i've done exactly as above a few times and its worked fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Wcool

Don't forget to open your Windows firewall as well in Control Panel.
    Allow Azureus and make sure Azureus is always using the same port (the one that you opened)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Thanks for your help guys.I dropped the firewall settings on the modem alright but that didn't do anything but never thought of opening the port through windows firewall so I'll give that a bash.

Advertisement