Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vertical tiles on bay window rattling.

Options
  • 09-01-2007 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

Our house is just over a year and a half old. It's a standard issue four bed semi with bay windows in the front rooms downstairs and upstairs and the bit in between the two windows is tiled.

I work shifts and today I was trying to get some Zzzzs before tonight's shift and was driven mad by the wind rattling some of the loose tiles. I got the ladder out and had a look and all the tiles on the front of the bay are tight together and don't move. The ones on one side, though, have gaps between them and can be lifted out from the wall at the bottom and also moved side to side.

Can anyone enlighten me as to how tight/secure these tiles should be and how much work is involved in fixing this? If it's not a big job I'd just as soon pay someone to do it rather than try to pin down the builder and have him tell me it's storm damage or the window cleaner's ladder did it, either of which could be true as far as I know.

TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Mac28

I would contact the builder as far as i can tell unless he can prove its storm damage then he should fix them

Advertisement