Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

query on taxing van without nct

Options
  • 09-01-2007 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 45

My van which has been off the road with the last year because it failed its nct. what Im wondering is now that my tax is up and i would like to bring it to the mechanics to be fixed in order to retest it again, can i tax my car and insure it without the nct? or do i chance bringing it to my mechanic uninsured and without tax
    ps its a commercial vehicle so its not nct its m.o.t. (i think)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

It's D.O.E.
    You must have a valid certificate of roadworthiness to get your tax. If you're bringing it to get repaired for DOE, you could take a chance on it not being taxed, but see if you can get any paperwork to back your story up - a written appointment from the mechanic or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 jasonos

thank you overdriver

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

jasonos wrote:
    uninsured
    That word shouldn't really be in your vocabulary ;)

If you don't want to get it insured then get it towed...

Advertisement