Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing uPVC Door

Options
  • 09-01-2007 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi,

I picked up a cheap back door in B&Q and was looking for some advice on installing in a shed I've built. The shed is a standard 100mm cavity wall construction using 4" solids. I've 2 main questions:

1. I did not close the door reveal with L shaped blocks - I was planning to use a cavity closer e.g. Rockwool RockReveal. Once this closer is installed can I fix the door frame to it directly or do I need metal flaps connected to the inner leaf? The door did not come with any fixings so suggestions on appropriate screws and fixing procedure would be greatly appreciated.

2. I built the opening 900mm wide but the door is only 850mm - door was so cheap on sales I had to buy it though! What would be an appropriate way to pack this difference? Externally I'm rendering so meshing over some solution won't be a problem.

Cheers.

Advertisement