Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Potential Raw Spoiler....

• 09-01-2007 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭

Apparenly there's gonna be a man making his Raw debut tonight,none other than...........

The Great Khali :eek:

Didnt see that coming!! He was abysmal on S/D and on ECW!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭irishcrazyhorse

please god no,not that wa nk er !
    and for the first time in ages i was looking forward to watching RAW!
    They should send him to smackdown and have kane and taker kill him off once and for all

Hmm,wonder what hassan is doing these days??

thats it,raw sucks ass!
    Im going to bed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

At least, we may get a decent ECW title match at 'Mania!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I've only seen Khali wrestle once in WWE, although I know how awful he is. Him vs Cena could be alright for its novelty value. I am being extremely optimistic tonight though

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:
    I've only seen Khali wrestle once in WWE, although I know how awful he is. Him vs Cena could be alright for its novelty value. I am being extremely optimistic tonight though

how wrong were you

Haha, very! Actually, when I saw that "highlights" package of Khali, I realised that I'd seen him face Rey and Undertaker a few times as well, all of which I think I had blocked out of my memory

Awful episode of Raw. Possibly the best wrestler who had a match on the show was Ace Steele, but it was also the worst match as he was dressed as Trump. Can't wait til I'm back in college so I don't get tempted to watch Raw again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Diabolical show. The Great Crappy coming to Raw is a disaster.

I bet you the reason for this is so he can face Hogan at Mania. Notice how Lawler said something like, "this guy's like Andre the Giant but not even Andre the Giant was this bad".

I'm guessing Show isn't going to be at Mania and they've gone for Khali to provide the Andre slam moment. Watch this space...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

What the Fúck was that all about!
    I've just wasted another 2 hours of my life.
    The only thing worth watching was the Edge/Orton segment.

The rest was brutal!

Nah,from what i have heard Kahli was a last second move to try and make up for the HHH injury!
    Say what u want bout HHH , but Kahli doesnt compare!

From what i have heard Show v. Hogan is still going ahead....
    Show is bigger than kahli will ever be and they couldnt risk putting hogan in the ring with the legal murderer

• Advertisement

The Wrestling Observer reported that Khali was a last minute attempt to replace HHH and put some "star power" on Raw. I'd be really insulted if I were HHH

There's no way Hogan would risk getting in the ring with Khali. Big Show mightn't be the greatest wrestler ever, but he knows how to take care of his opponents. I'm not sure that the same can be said for Khali. I thought the reason he was put on SD and ECW was so they could edit his matches, like they did when he fought Undertaker in one of his first ones?

Just read Dave Scherer's review of Raw on PWInsider.com to see how bad others thought it was. One telling statement he said was "I must have gotten 100 emails since last night saying things like, "Why should I even watch Raw/WWE any more" and you know, I don't really have a good answer." I'm done watching Raw until K-Fed comes back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Fozzy wrote:
    The Wrestling Observer reported that Khali was a last minute attempt to replace HHH and put some "star power" on Raw

good god. star power? and i was annoyed at forgetting to record RAW lol

Mossy Monk wrote:
    good god. star power? and i was annoyed at forgetting to record RAW lol

You missed fúck all!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Gillie wrote:
    You missed fúck all!:(

You missed at least in my opinion a real good segment with HBK, Orton and Edge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,894 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

Its about time we realised wrestling has gone to sh1t. its rematch after rematch week in week out. Adding crap people like the great khali and the likes does nothing for it.

evad_lhorg wrote:
    Its about time we realised wrestling has gone to sh1t. its rematch after rematch week in week out. Adding crap people like the great khali and the likes does nothing for it.

I disagree, thats not to say there are not problems. Just watch ECW for an hour.

On the positive side, Smackdown has been putting out simple good wrestling shows for a while now. Nothing extraordianary but if you like your wrestling, its been more often than not a good show.

I think on the whole Raw has been fine lately too. They did a good job building the DX Orton Edge match for last Sunday (loved the use of Flair in it). They also did a fine on the Umaga Cena match. And Jeff Hardy and Johnny Nitro could feud through 2007 as far as I'm concerned. They work really well together.

Also the emergenge of the tag divison has been a key feature over the last few months too which I've really liked.

I'm not execusing last nights show or the fact that the WWE is far from perfect. But at least lately, Raw and Smackdown have been good shows to me.

You missed at least in my opinion a real good segment with HBK, Orton and Edge.

I did say that earlier in this thread!
    It barely saved the overall show.
    What the fúck was the Trump O'Donnell shít about!
    I actually thought that was Rosie until I saw "Trump".

Such a load of bollocks!
    I like Raw and I watch it religiously and that's why i'm so disappointed!
    It is never this bad to be fair!

Sorry about missing your point earlier.

I did really enjoy the Edge/Orton/HBK segment. Orton especially. Although it was a bit ridiculous saying that they "took out" HHH. The really smart thing to do would be to stick CM Punk with Shawn right now. I know a lot of people think he should get more experience and have lower card feuds before he gets a big push, but seriously, he doesn't need that. He's right up there with the best wrestlers in WWE and he's being wasted on ECW. People love him and he'd fit right in, and I think I'd actually enjoy that. Then he could face Orton, Edge or even HBK at WM, instead of some match against Mike Knox or Hardcore Holly or something

Fozzy wrote:
    I did really enjoy the Edge/Orton/HBK segment. Orton especially. Although it was a bit ridiculous saying that they "took out" HHH. The really smart thing to do would be to stick CM Punk with Shawn right now. I know a lot of people think he should get more experience and have lower card feuds before he gets a big push, but seriously, he doesn't need that. He's right up there with the best wrestlers in WWE and he's being wasted on ECW. People love him and he'd fit right in, and I think I'd actually enjoy that. Then he could face Orton, Edge or even HBK at WM, instead of some match against Mike Knox or Hardcore Holly or something

Personally I don't think he needs more experience!
    Look at Kenny. Why should he be getting IC title shots and CM Punk gets stuck in ECW!
    Hasn't Punk been on the scene a while now?

• Advertisement

Fozzy wrote:

That could easily happen. The negative from WWE's perspective would be that by taking Khali (whatever people think of him) and particuliarly Punk off ECW, your really making the show even more worthless than it already is. The ECW roster is so tiny already that there wouldn't be a whole lot left worth seeing (not that there really is right now).

I wouldn't be surprised if they gave the spot to Monty Brown.

1 more thing, holding the IC belt let alone getting a shot at it in 2007, means absolutely nothing.

Gillie wrote:
    Personally I don't think he needs more experience!
    Look at Kenny. Why should he be getting IC title shots and CM Punk gets stuck in ECW!
    Hasn't Punk been on the scene a while now?

That's the thing, a lot of people seem to just look at him as the latest OVW recruit. But he's been putting on great matches for years now. And he used to be one of the busiest wrestlers on the indy scene, meaning he got even more experience than most guys did

That's a fair point about ECW losing big stars. But to be fair, they've got plenty of talented guys that they don't seem to be pushing. I haven't watched ECW in months, but as far as I know Stevie Richards hasn't been getting on tv. He's one of the most talented guys in the company and they continually make him look useless. They've also buried Tommy Dreamer and the FBI. Al Snow is available to them too I think. There's plenty of people who could take these spots, but it's WWE's fault for not using them

Its their fault alright!
    WTF were they thinking in bringing Dalip Singh to Raw?
    Pointless!

Gillie wrote:
    Its their fault alright!
    WTF were they thinking in bringing Dalip Singh to Raw?
    Pointless!

Your taking this one bad tv show awfully hard!

Some professional help might be in order.

Fozzy wrote:

That's a fair point about ECW losing big stars. But to be fair, they've got plenty of talented guys that they don't seem to be pushing. I haven't watched ECW in months, but as far as I know Stevie Richards hasn't been getting on tv. He's one of the most talented guys in the company and they continually make him look useless. They've also buried Tommy Dreamer and the FBI. Al Snow is available to them too I think. There's plenty of people who could take these spots, but it's WWE's fault for not using them

The WWE has pretty much buried the names you mentioned. Punk is one of the few people on that show that people care about and to take him off it would make things go from horrible to really horrible as far as ECW is concerned.

Then again, this is the 3rd brand that doesn't have any seperate house shows, has only 2 ppvs a year and has been producing a show that feels like its been on a treadmill for 3 months. So at this point, you could argue who cares about ECW.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

In the 14 years of Raw that show was possibly the worst. The Great Khali vs John Cena for the next 18 months is just mind boggling. Who cares?

One GREAT thing that happened last night was Vince McMahon sitting in front of a WWE crowd loudly chanting "TNA, TNA, TNA".

It's the kick up the arse he needs. He needs to stop listening to the MORONS that are Stephanie and Johnny Ace and listen to the people that paid good money to get in last night. "We Want Wrestling", not the worst kind of lame "comedy" that has ever been on television.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Who else is thinking that VKM/TNA are gonna have a field day with this? I can see a "Paul Levesque skit" on Impact very very soon :p

Looks like they'll get to keep their million anyway

I know WWE is to blame for the awful "comedy" we endured last night, but I was reminded of the original report in the Wrestling Observer about WWE using Trump and Rosie on tv. It said that it was NBC who were pushing WWE to do it. NBC were hoping for increased ratings for The Apprentice and in return they would market WWE more. So while it was WWE who put on that terrible angle, if it's true that NBC pushed them to do it then I can understand why it featured so heavily. Still, surely they could have made it funny in some way?

It will be difficult to top the Rosie/Trump fiasco for worst match of the year. Total flop. I haven't read comments from anybody who liked it. Only the saps on Sky's page 388 will have enjoyed that mess. :D

• Advertisement

Your taking this one bad tv show awfully hard!

Some professional help might be in order.

I know. I like RAW and I care when it goes wrong!
    I guess i'm just really píssed about HHH being injured and taking out my frustrations on Raw!:)

Fozzy wrote:
    Still, surely they could have made it funny in some way?

It wasn't funny at all! Pure muck! I don't know how the fans didn't riot! They were píssed at having to endure that crap!
    At least I could Fast Forward!:D

Actually though the "match" is fascinating in a "so bad it's good" kind of way. I taped it and I might watch it again after.

It's the same with Goldberg vs Brock at WM20. It was abysmal but sometimes I watch it just to laugh at the fans crapping all over it.

It's got to be the worst match Ace Steel was ever involved in though. I wonder what his take on it all was

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Fozzy wrote:
    It's got to be the worst match Ace Steel was ever involved in though. I wonder what his take on it all was

As Gorilla Monsoon once said "he's leaving with the winners share of the purse money" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

why doesnt vince hire wrestling fans instead of no-nothing yes men to stephanie to write the shows,i was going through some of my old tapes from the 99-2001 era and my god the raws back then were amazing,theres no sense of surprise anymore on the shows,remember when jericho beat hhh for the title for about 3 mins? or when jeff had a shot against takers title in a ladder match?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

In other news, will they ever have someone beat that DAMN master lock?
    simmons had it on monday night. look at the show and watch where masters hands are.
    http://www.wwe.com/content/media/video/tvshows/raw/200701/011507/011507masterlock

also, i just saw David Arquette on the wwe homepage. scary thoughts are entering my head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

I was disappointed DX was not killed on monday night's RAW.

I liked the master lock challenge when it started, I even liked it when others were starting to get sick of it, but on RAW this week, DAMN, will you just drop it wwe, please.

WWE could let chris masters use his master lock forever, even when he is 100 years old, like the the undertaker is, but in matches only ( no fecking plastic chair in the ring anymore, please)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Funniest thing on Raw was Master's promo telling us why he will win the Royal Rumble...

"Because no-one can beat me"

You're avin' a lawwwf mate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Minto

I had a really strong feeling that Punk would appear on RAW and join DX on RAW, but it didn't happen unfortunatly. It would have been totally f*cking class.

Hopefully, all the stuff that happened to him on ECW last week was a once off, although
    his win on ECW this week was sorta seemed like a fluke, cos of the rollup

[RANT] Punk should be on RAW, not Kahli! [/RANT]

Also, Farooq... I mean Simmons should have been the one to break the MasterLock, cos it was MLK Day and he was the first African-American World Champion etc.

Well JR sure put him over enough during the challenge! I was sure it was gonna happen.

DAMN!

• Advertisement
Advertisement