Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

cracked bumper - NCT fail ?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

my nct is due soon
    just wondering if a cracked front bumper will cause a fail ?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Depends how bad it is TBH, any photos? You could ask a mechanic for his thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

if you can see or feel a sharp edge they'll fail you,
    they may fail you anyway.
    But if it's like a hairline/very slight they may let you go.
    I got failed for it once, was that and some water in one of the lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭green123

here is a picture
    the bottom bar of the bumper is cracked all the way through
    so prob will be a fail
    any point taping it up?
    any other quick /cheap / easy fix ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Are you sure you posted the right pic? I see what looks like a brochure pic of a yellow brava!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I see what you mean, you could try taping it and chance it.

If it fails on this alone the re-test will be free, as it's only a visual inspection the second time round, stick it through anyway and see how ya go :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

I'm not sure if they do fail for a cracked bumper but if it isn't a massive crack just cover it with mud and splash more mud around the bumper so it isn't too obvious your trying to hide something, they won't remove the mud.

Advertisement