Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Noika e70 in Ireland?

• 09-01-2007 10:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey,

does any know whether the Nokia e70 is due to come out over here. Every time I go into either O2 or Vodafone I get told that it's in testing. I am tempted to just buy through expansys but am reluctant until I can at least see the phone in person. anybody got any news?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭jasonb

Hi...

I've kept my eye on this phone, and I'm waiting for it to be available for Vodafone Corporate customers. The latest I've heard is that it should be available this week, so considering I've heard that a few times before, I reckon maybe next month some time!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Hi jasonb

Have you had any update on whether its available for corporate customers yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

It is in stock on Komplett.ie if you want to go that route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

i work for voda and got an update on this today....at the moment vodafone are looking for a slightly different s/w variant from nokia...there are due to be talks between voda and nokia over this next week...this phone might never see the light of day on the voda network

Thanks wirelessdude, let us know if there are any further developments.

• Advertisement

Interesting...

Last update I heard ( end of last week ) was that all software issues are fixed, but Vodafone and Nokia are in discussions about how many units Vodafone are going to buy from Nokia ( i.e. Vodafone don't want to buy as many units as Nokia want them to ).

Whatever the reason, I really wish this would get sorted, it's been available in the UK since the middle of last year, and it's just a joke at this stage...

J.

jasonb wrote:
    Interesting...

Last update I heard ( end of last week ) was that all software issues are fixed, but Vodafone and Nokia are in discussions about how many units Vodafone are going to buy from Nokia ( i.e. Vodafone don't want to buy as many units as Nokia want them to ).

Whatever the reason, I really wish this would get sorted, it's been available in the UK since the middle of last year, and it's just a joke at this stage...

J.

you are correct in saying that...the 6800 and 6822 which were similar devices just didn't sell well in this country so voda are reluctant to commit to a heavy volume

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 atomised

The phone has a great spec. But if I buy it sim free, does anyone know if O2 will help me set it up? I guess getting the blackberry side set-up must be tricky enough. Or is it the case if you buy this way you are unsupported?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Ay Cee

I've got the 6820 about 2 years and I refuse to change to anything but the E70 or something similar.

It's selling for mad money on the web.

I actually logged onto this board to ask about this phone :)

Has anyone got one? Have they been able to get settings from their service provider?

just been informed that voda are now looking at a launch date of early march

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭foobar

just been informed that voda are now looking at a launch date of early march
    Cool, any idea how much they will cost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

AFAIK O2 are also launching the E70 here, they've already just launched the E61, and there is an ad for the E70 in their business brochure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I ahve been using the e70 for a few months now, and i find it a great phone. lots of features and easy to use

Hi Pataman, I'm very interested in this phone.

By anychance have you managed to use the E70 with blackberry connect???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I dont use the blackberry feature, as its an extra expense on vodafone. I can check my email no problem.

Hi again...

Just heard the latest on this, it's been pushed back to mid-April. Something to do with them waiting on a variant from Nokia or something like that.

This is a joke. I was told back in August that this phone would be available in September. I don't see what takes 7 months to get this sorted.

J.

Advertisement