Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

new rear windscreen

Options
  • 09-01-2007 10:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭

hi

how much would it roughly cost to get a new rear windscreen fitted?

im in the louth region

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

event wrote:
    hi

how much would it roughly cost to get a new rear windscreen fitted?

im in the louth region

cheers

Depends on the make and model of car. If you have fully comprehensive insurance (except with Quinn Direct?) then you should be covered without damaging your NCB.

Get out the goldenpages and ring a few places like autoglass for a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

its a seat ibiza, 1.0, 1999

of course, im on quinn direct fully comp but no windscreen cover :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I thought windscreen cover only covered the actual windscreen (i.e. the front) and not other glass inclusing the rear window.

Alun wrote:
    I thought windscreen cover only covered the actual windscreen (i.e. the front) and not other glass inclusing the rear window.

Don't know about that but I'm with FBD and all windows in the car are covered.

event wrote:
    its a seat ibiza, 1.0, 1999

of course, im on quinn direct fully comp but no windscreen cover :(

Ring around a few places and get a few quotes. Explain that you are not covered by insurance so you will be paying for it yourself. See what their best price is. Prices are usually inflated when the insurance company is paying for it.

I would guess that you will pay between €150 to €250 for a new rear windscreen.

Little use to you now but my advice would be to get windscreen cover when your insurance is up for renewal. It works out cheaper that way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

well getting thsi done today

quick question, can i drive straight away after it?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

event wrote:
    well getting thsi done today

quick question, can i drive straight away after it?
    I'd imagine so. The front screen is part of the actual structure of the car, as it's bonded to the monocoque - this is why it has to set. The rear screen, on the other hand, is only bonded to the tailgate, which is not structural. That said, i'd double check with the fitter.

Advertisement