Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using raw eggs

• 09-01-2007 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I have come across a few recipes recently, mousses, cheese cakes etc., which have included eggs but have not been cooked or even heated.

I was just wondering about peoples opinions on this, do you think its safe or not?
    Thanks
    R

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's relatively safe for a normal, healthy adult. Children, pregnant women and the elderly shouldn't eat products with raw egg, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭randomname2005

Cheers!
    R

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

Balboa drank them raw every morning and it never did him any harm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

Been making the nicest chocolate biscuit cake for years and years now and the recipie involves raw eggs....so far no casualties!! Ppl usually are a bit wary of the raw egg thing but that cake is soo damm good that they don't mind after a slice or 2! I wouldn't use a dodgy looking egg in it tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Many Japanese recipes call for raw egg like Suki Yaki, which is basically meat fried with onions, leek and a kind of gelatin noodle. This is then dipped in raw egg and soy sauce and eaten.

• Advertisement

Cheers again!
    R

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Buy organic just to be on the safe side. It'll only be between 80c and €1.30 dearer and there's less risk involved imo.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

My Granny's homemade ice-cream involves raw egg and 3 generations of people have still failed to die from it :D

When I make it I always use at least free-range eggs if not organic and free range.

Cheers again!
    R
    and again!

Advertisement