Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home and Gardening

Options
  • 09-01-2007 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

HELP! Septic tank problems!!

I am living in a country town and although sewerage pipes have been brought out to the road to connect up to mains by our builder! STILL WAITING! because of all the rain our tank is now FULL of water. I am hoping to have it pumped out today but do I need to have it cleaned out by professionals? There are just 2 of us in the house, out working all day. The house is 7 years old!

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

Suitseir,
    we have a septic tank also and the water is nearly always at the top of it. I think as long as it isn't overflowing it's ok.

at the top of the tank there's meant to be an outlet pipe that lets the excess water drain away into the ground. As long as this isn't blocked (preventing water from flowing out of the tank) it should be good.

I was told it only needs emptying when it actually fills with waste - not just water.

I hope this helps. I'm not in any way a septic tank expert as i've only had one for 6 mths....

Trig

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭suitseir

Trig

Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, this will get sorted over the next few days. I hope to get the tank pumped out tommorrow! Just wondering if I can still use the shower, toilet etc? Jeez, I will have to won't I?? Fingers crossed I can get this sorted sooner rather than later!! More advice PLEASE!!!

Advertisement