Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joytech Control Center 245C

• 09-01-2007 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I want to buy a Joytech Control Center 245C this week and for the life of me I can't find a supplier online that will ship to Ireland.

Has anyone bought one of these and can recommend a good online shop that ships to the Republic.

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.gameseek.co.uk/help.php

This place ships withen the EU..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

unklerosco wrote:
    http://www.gameseek.co.uk/help.php

This place ships withen the EU..

I'd love to buy it from them but when I go to place the order it says that they can only ship to a UK address :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Try here: http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2029&PHPSESSID=11f9382c7313029a61c4743398a41dea

SVP were always brilliant for blank DVDs and stuff, I've never bought anything bigger off them though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I really need to get something like this myself.

It's getting harder and harder these days to get stuff shipped to Ireland from over the internet.

Stephen wrote:
    Try here: http://svp.co.uk/products-solo.php?pid=2029&PHPSESSID=11f9382c7313029a61c4743398a41dea

SVP were always brilliant for blank DVDs and stuff, I've never bought anything bigger off them though.

Cheers Stephen, it seems that St.Vincent De Paul are getting more and more tech savy these days :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

lol :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Mmmmmm, this pretty much is the solution I need for my problem of not being able to connect both my 360 and Wii through component!! Let us know how u get on with it KTRIC!!
    EDIT: Just saw this on dabs.co.uk, I've had stuff delivered here from them before, think its a better model too...
    http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=451W&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=joytech&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

Just got it in SVP for for €121.65 , WHooohooo :D

Just saved about €20 over Play.com and they wouldn't ship to Ireland.

Julez wrote:
    EDIT: Just saw this on dabs.co.uk, I've had stuff delivered here from them before, think its a better model too...
    http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=451W&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=joytech&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

I read allot of reviews of the 540c over on avforums.com and they complained of a dark picture when using the proprietary connection that comes with the 540c to connect up the 360. When connecting the console to another socket you get some undesired effects like lines and distorted pictures.

From what I can see is the 245 is more of a serious piece of av equipment rather than an accessory for your Xbox 360 console.

feckin unreal lads !!, i ordered this on Tuesday from SVP in the uk and its on the truck for delivery this morning to me in Tallaght.

I'll set it up tonight and let you all know how it looks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

lads a question if i may?

I have only 1 component switch on my tv, is this the cheapest way of doubling it? seems a bit over kill as all I want is an extra component slot for the wii!

also come to think of it - I would really love a switch with 3 component inputs and 3 HDMI :D <-- is that possible?

00sully wrote:
    lads a question if i may?

I have only 1 component switch on my tv, is this the cheapest way of doubling it? seems a bit over kill as all I want is an extra component slot for the wii!

also come to think of it - I would really love a switch with 3 component inputs and 3 HDMI :D <-- is that possible?

A HDMI switcher is going to be super expensive , I heard about £400 :eek: ,
    so forget that for a start.

There's no harm in getting this, you probably find allot of the new HD DVD players and consoles use component and you'll fill those sockets pretty quickly.

I have 4 component devices (soon to be 5) at the moment and one set of sockets on my 42" Samsung, so this is a must have for me.

£400 blips eh? yeah err forget that so!

i just found this over on the Nintendo forums on boards - might chance it as I cant see myself having any other component devices!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-de-49-en-70-1smg.html haha this cable will take me back to the days of the nes and snes switching over from "tv" to "game" :D

what 4 (5) component devices do you have if you dont mind me asking?

edit: correct link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

00sully wrote:
    £400 blips eh? yeah err forget that so!

i just found this over on the Nintendo forums on boards - might chance it as I cant see myself having any other component devices!

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-...-1smg-4-6.html haha this cable will take me back to the days of the nes and snes switching over from "tv" to "game" :D

Link does not seem to be working for me but maybe it's the YPbPr Power Box by Farmer you're talking about?

Seems class for US$12.90, switches between 3 components inputs. Considering getting this for my 360 and PS2 (ordering component cable for this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Been thinking about getting one of these for a while now, running 4 consoles through component (360, PS2, Wii, Gamecube - and before you say it, I can't play my GC imports on my Wii). Would be handy for the audio aswell, at the moment I have to switch cables on my decoder box sometimes too.

00sully wrote:

Xbox360, Nintendo Wii, Sony RDR-HX725 recorder and a Philips DVP5960/05

I hope to get a Sky HD box some time this year.

KTRIC wrote:
    feckin unreal lads !!, i ordered this on Tuesday from SVP in the uk and its on the truck for delivery this morning to me in Tallaght.

I'll set it up tonight and let you all know how it looks.
    I ordered one too. Mine is currently at the Birmingham Hub to be forwarded to Dublin. Hopefully I'll have mine tomorrow.

oops this is the link for the component switcher!
    http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-de-49-en-70-1smg.html

nice assortment of HD inputs there KTRIC ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭Julez

Anyone have the component switcher?! Is it worth it?!

I just got the 245c and the muppets sent me a black one instead of the silver one I ordered.

Not sure yet if I want to keep it or send it back.:mad:

• Advertisement

Well I ordered the black one... so if they send me the silver one by mistake I'll let you know.

Well I ordered the black one... so if they send me the silver one by mistake I'll let you know.

Fu*k it , I'll just set it up. Maybe they confused the order and sent the silver one to you.

Give me a shout if you get it and we'll do a swop.

Edit - Just connected this bad boy up with my Xbox 360 and the picture is actually better !!! Even my girlfriend (who know's nothing about this sort of thing) said so. It seems crisper and brighter.

€125 well spent me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Damn it. I was hoping to sail into this thread and save the day but someone beat me to it. I had the same problem as KTRIC but eventually found these guys would ship to Ireland: www.audiovisualonline.co.uk.

Ordered and recieved a silver before Christmas :D

Great bit of kit and a great price. I am using all its functionality.

Have a 360, XBMC(XboxMediaCentre), PS2(Soon a 3), Wii and Dvd/Hdd Recorder hooked up to it.

Saved a lot of headaches for me as I have one ethernet cable going to the room which can now be shared 3 ways with the 360,PS3 and XBMC (Wii wireless is working too touchwood) The 245c 3 way ethernet switch saved the day.

I am perfectly happy with my Sony 1080 DD5.1 amp and did not feel the need for any audio upgrades but 2 out of my 4 optical inputs on the amp are broken. The 4 input optical switch on the 245c saved the day.

My harmony remote while brilliant in ever other way could not change inputs on my Panny Projector reliably. It uses the one method of input switching which can confuse the Harmony. Anyway 245c saved the days again being able to move everything over to component cables and connect all 5 of my devices via the 245c to the one component input on the Projector means that the PJ can be left on component and now the Harmony remote never gets tripped up.

I got more of a buzz recieving it and hooking it up than I did for a lot of the other kit in the system as strange as that may sound for the simple reason that I needed this to tie the whole system together and made it work seamlessly and flawlessly. ie beforehand I had 5 different cable types running to the PJ, messy cable runs, input switching unreliability, having to relegate some devices to stereo analogue sound, relegating other devices to poxy composite and slightly less poxy s-video etc

I finally got my Silver replacement one off them but they don't seem to want the black one back, now I have 2 !!!! :D

Anyone want a black 245c Control Center ???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭danbhala

KTRIC wrote:
    I finally got my Silver replacement one off them but they don't seem to want the black one back, now I have 2 !!!! :D

Anyone want a black 245c Control Center ???

i do!

PM on the way :)

I'm selling my silver 245c control center , if any of you 360 gamers want a decent High Definition switch.

http://adverts.ie/22233

What are you replacing it with?

What are you replacing it with?

Nothing, I need to sell all my AV stuff very soon, this is the first to go.

Advertisement