Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Upholstery repair

Options
  • 09-01-2007 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know of a place where I can get my seat fixed?

It's a recaro seat in a Gti Golf and the right hand side beside my thigh has worn away from people getting in and out. The metal underneath is starting to stick into my leg and annoy me. I basically just need it restuffed / repadded in that one area

I can't rotate it with the passenger seat because it has airbags in it and if I did swap them then the airbag would be on the wrong side.

There's some guy called Dr.Vinyl out there...... is he any use? Expensive? Anyone else that can fix it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

First of all, where are you based? Secondly, what material is your Recaro made from? Cloth, Alcantara, Leather?

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Chunks

ned78 wrote:
    First of all, where are you based? Secondly, what material is your Recaro made from? Cloth, Alcantara, Leather?

Ah touché...... I'm in Dublin, northside. Near Howth. The seat is black and grey cloth.

Whats Alcantara?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

Chunks wrote:
    Ah touché...... I'm in Dublin, northside. Near Howth. The seat is black and grey cloth.

Whats Alcantara?

It's a couple of steps up from cloth - quite nice actually. Usually used as the other 'half' of half leather seats. Or used on seats fully as an option. I like it, but it's a bitch to keep from dirt/markings caused by everyday use of a car.

ciarsd wrote:
    It's a couple of steps up from cloth - quite nice actually. Usually used as the other 'half' of half leather seats. Or used on seats fully as an option. I like it, but it's a bitch to keep from dirt/markings caused by everyday use of a car.

Ah I see, you learn something new everyday!:)

So anyone got any info on an upholdtery repair guy / place?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

I think carcraft repair seats www.carcraft.ie - no idea of price tho

Or theres another place over your direction called cartronics.ie

• Advertisement

eireal wrote:
    I think carcraft repair seats www.carcraft.ie - no idea of price tho

Or theres another place over your direction called cartronics.ie

My mate actually owns carcraft. I was talking to him about it and he's primarily panel beating etc... he'd be my fall back guy if I can't get a mobile repair guy to come out to me cos I need my car.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement