Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Spraying bodywork

Options
  • 09-01-2007 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Could anyone tell me how to go about this. I need to spray a section of a wheelarch. If it works out i might try and spray the side skirts, its a 94 e36.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

sand with increasingly fine grain wet & dry paper. was with soap and water and leave to dry. Prime 3-4 times waiting an hour between coats. Leave at least 24 hours. Sand with 1200 paper and wipe. Paint 2-3 coats waiting a day or so between each coat. Leave about 3 days, then give it a few coats of lacquer. Leave another few days and use rubbing compound. You'll find it difficult to get a good result by only partially painting a panel

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭mantaraver

You dont need to leave anything like that time between coats. I presume you are using aerosols? If so, you only need to leave about 20 mins between coats ( enough time for the solvents to evaporate from the paint) Remember to use light enough coats though, you don't wanna get any runs. Oh, it would help to do this job indoors with a little bit of heat going.

Advertisement