Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polish Bakery On Capel Street (Stone In My Bun)

Options
  • 09-01-2007 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I used to like going into the Polish bakery on Capel Street as you could pick up some really nice freshly made buns for a good price. I've decided to stop going there now as frequently I'm finding foreign objects in the stuff I buy there.

On two occasions I've found REALLY thick long hairs which don't look human as they are far far too thick, dark and long.
    Today I'm after finding a large enough flat STONE in the bun I was eating.

I don't like to complain generally, especially in this case as the young woman who looks after the place is so pleasant but I think I'm going to have too. It just happens so often.

Apart from complaining to her, where else can I complain too? The hairs were bad enough, but finding a large stone is the last straw!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Does anyone have any information on the correct authority to contact?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Department of Health mate, although I wouldn't mind a bakery down this region, herself buys her Schlebs in Dunnes - it's not quite the same.

http://www.dohc.ie/about_us/divisions/food_medicines/

Thanks Ned. It is great having it there, and it's great for my missus who's Poish as she likes her bread. But three times is just too much and a stone for fecks sake! It was about the same size as an average small fingernail! Large enough to do some damage!

Polish Missus here too mate :)

Ahh quality stuff, what part?
    What do you reckon, as I said I don't like to complain, but the thoughts of a child biting into it and either breaking teeth or worse choking makes me think twice.

• Advertisement

Lodz, she had to go home for the Christmas, and we've no direct route from Cork to Lodz yet. Your missus?

She's from Plock which is about an hour and a half drive or so from Lodz. I've been to the airport a few times as it's just as far away as Warsaw.

What did you think of Lodz? While I only drove through it I have to say I thought it was the most depressing and dreary place I've ever seen. In saying that though I've met several people from there and they have generally been among the friendliest and most pleasant of the Polish people I've met.

We should probably take this to PMs :D

I haven't been to Lodz, but I've been to Warsaw and loved it. I'm supposed to go to Lodz in September for her Sister's Wedding, apparently, it's a 2 day affair, the bands must have 12 hours of music, and the Bridal Party buy about 2 Litres of Vodka for every guest!

Anyway, back to the boards, catch you late eo980!

Quality I rang the above and am still waiting many hours later for them to get back to me. Tried ringing the FSAI also couldn't get through so sent them an email yesterday, no reply as of yet.

I'm surprised at the lack of a response from the relevant authorities.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mickeymoney

Hi, Does anyone know who supplies the Czech Inn with its Czech bread.
    He wont reveal where he gets it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement