Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of an old comic shop in Dublin?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 1:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

right lads get your memory in gear
    i was just thinking of all the old comic shops that were in Dublin
    i could remember The Alchemists Head in its 2 locations and Twilight Zone in the Abbey Mall and then of course we had Forbidden Planet on Dawson St
    but i cant remember the name of the shop that sold old comics around Temple Bar somewhere, it was something like Fantasia!?
    anyone remember?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

was it beside the IFI [or as it was called then the IFC]? There was a place there I think was called fantasia that sold dvd's and sci-fi related stuff and downstairs was "8 ball" which was a mail order comic place or something like that.

Not 100% on that as i was living down the country and mainly getting my comics from Forbidden planet in limerick [when it use to be downstairs in some GAP stlye clothes shop]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭thumbninja

all such a blast from the past that there are two buring tyre marks down the screen..

I used to go into flying pig a lot (thats where 3rd place is now) but there was a stand in the grafton flea market behind stephens green for buying comics (now sub-city)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

There was a place called "Como's" in Cork St, Dublin run by a guy called Kevin. Lovely guy. Never ever charged the full price for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

What about the Diceman on South Annes St? Or am I just showing my age now...

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭irishthump

Showing you're age? Of course you are!!! But nevermind.....

Aaaaaahhhh, Diceman! That brings back a few memories. Many a back issue
    of 2000AD was bought in that place!

• Advertisement
Advertisement