Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bora: Headlight/Indicator problems

Options
  • 09-01-2007 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a VW Bora 1.4 petrol (2000) and after not driving the car for 2 weeks, the battery was dead. The battery was weak before hand as I noticed that sometimes when I put the indicators on when the headlights where on, that the headlights would dim or flash off and on for a split second.

I thought after changing the battery that issue would disappear but after changing the battery yesterday I noticed the same behaviour.

Anyway have any ideas on why this occurs.

Cheers,
    Higgs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sounds like your alternator

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Thanks,

What makes you think it is the altenator. Is there any self checks I can do?

Cheers,
    Higgs

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Higgsy

Thanks,

What makes you think it is the altenator. The warning light did not come on. Is there any self checks I can do?

Cheers,
    Higgs

Advertisement