Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - lights are breaking alot.

Options
  • 09-01-2007 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I live in a 4 year old house and have noticed over time that the light bulbs have a very short lifespan - I am talking a standard 60W screw in bulb would last 2-4 weeks. This is happening all over the house - end result i am buying bulbs every couple of weeks.

Anyone got any pointers on this problem being some kind of electrical problem before I call a spark out to investigate ?

thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭towbar

Parents have a similiar problem and have been trying to narrow it down. Suspect a problem with ESB supply and ESB have twice fitted a monitoring device but have yet to deliver any feedback. An engineer did comment that house was near some sort of split on the line and could be subjected to surges. Cant understand why they wont supply the results of the tests.

Definitely interested in any other pointers also. For any sparkies out there could branches on the neutral chain in lighting circuit cause this problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭davelerave

i think it could be surges or even high voltage causing it assuming everythings alright on your side,bad connections anywhere on the supply will cause the voltage to fluctuate a lot.vibration and cheap bulbs is another factor i tghink

Advertisement