Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Req]A Good Washing Machine [Bosch, etc.]!

• 09-01-2007 2:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Looking for a good washing machine after my old Zanussi finally gave up completely.

Anyone spotted a good bargain or bought one of these brands (or similar) on sale recently: Miele, Bosch, etc. Their usually pricey, but worth it I think.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Power city and discount electrical in Dublin seem to have the best prices at the moment with their sales. We went with D.E. in the end because we were buying a 2,500 euro range, a washing machine and a dishwasher and they knocked a few extra quid off unlike P.C. Hope this helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Doodlebug

Thanks sweetie!

Its good to find a place that'll knock a few bob off when you're buying a shed-load of stuff!

I'll just be buying a washing machine though - and a toaster if I'm feeling generous!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭samo

In the market for a new washing machine myself but havent had a chance to do much about it yet.

Planning on checking out Curry's though who ahd an offer in the paper for a Bosch 1400 spin washing machine for €379. Had done a bit of reading up on them and Bosch came out very well in reviews.

Was told about a different offer in Power City for a Bosch (not sure what model or the spin) which was €419 and included a free power washer and Remote control car!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭GrumPy

samo wrote:
    In the market for a new washing machine myself but havent had a chance to do much about it yet.

Planning on checking out Curry's though who ahd an offer in the paper for a Bosch 1400 spin washing machine for €379. Had done a bit of reading up on them and Bosch came out very well in reviews.

Was told about a different offer in Power City for a Bosch (not sure what model or the spin) which was €419 and included a free power washer and Remote control car!

Power City do that Bosch for €369. There also able to knock 10% off the marketed price during the sale. AND if you have a cheaper quote from another shop, they will also undercut that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭gernon

Hi Doodlebug, make sure to ring Seamus Watters Electrical, Cullaville about 10 miles north of Dundalk on Castleblayney road. 048 30868296 They are hard to beat on price and will deliver anywhere.

good luck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

apparently this crowd www.baize.ie usually have good prices on slightly scratched products including bosch washing machines, would probably be worth giving them a call.

Thanks for the tips lads! I'll have a look around and try these suggestions as soon as I get the time! :)

That www.baize.ie looks interesting - never heard of em, but I'll look into it!

And Seamus Watters Electrical - thanks - I'd never have found that unless it was posted here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

doodlebug - could you post back if you find anything good at baize?

I will of course post back with whatever I find, dereko. Might be a while before I get around to it tho! Not the most organised at the moment!! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Large white goods cost a lot to service IF they go wrong (and they do not always go wrong) , Currys may sell you the stuff cheap but their service is awful and very expensive in my opinion.

I would go with the local retailer who can handle faults and in a lot of cases the local guy will swap out a crock of **** machine for a better one while Currys will refuse to do so outright once they have your money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I've been to baize before (glasnevin) and it wasn't that impressive. Was looking for a bed at the time but noticed their electrics range wasn't great. They may have improved but the website hasn't changed much since I first saw it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 beansy

gernon wrote: »
    Hi Doodlebug, make sure to ring Seamus Watters Electrical, Cullaville about 10 miles north of Dundalk on Castleblayney road.048-3755 1260 They are hard to beat on price and will deliver anywhere.

good luck
    Hi All

Took your advice on Seamus Watters Electrical but your number was wrong got through to some other place. got the right number in the end and have to say that the service and staff knowledge was excellent. they advise you on the product that suits your needs and they stock all top brand names which i had researched before shopping around. they were also the cheapest i could find. oh and the correct number is 048 30868296. Worth giving a call.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Please don't bump 2 year old threads..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement