Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another "setting up a company" thread

Options
  • 09-01-2007 2:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

A couple of questions regarding setting up a company:

A friend of mine and I are looking to set up a company between us. He is already a director in his own company, but for various reasons we have decided that our best option is a limited company between us (neither of us want to be personally liable, and I don't want to just invoice his company for any work done). I will be in full time employment, so any work we do will be on a part time basis for both of us for the time being.

First question is easy enough - I found this site - they carry out the following services for €250 or so
    • Hand Held Company Seal
    • Certificate of Incorporation
    • Bound Company Register complete with shareholders, directors and company details
    • Bound Copies of your Memorandum and Articles of Association
    • Copy of all documents filed
    • Share Transfer documents completed
    • Minutes of first Directors meeting
    • Change of Directors - B10 forms completed

This looks like decent enough value (basically an extra €150 on top of having to do everything ourselves with the CRO.

Has anyone used this crowd, or can anyone recommend a similar service?

The 2nd question: I would really prefer that my current employers don't know about this other venture. I don't think it is explicitly against the terms of my contract, but would still prefer that the two are mutually exclusive. I'm sure there are ways they could find out, but would our payroll department be automatically notified of this via the tax office (e.g. PRSI or PAYE payments I have to make when I get paid from the other company)?

thanks in advance,

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I've used that company 2 months ago to form a company and every thing is done professionally and quick and would have no proplems in recomending them

Here's there adress

Sandra
    Private Research Ltd T/A Company SetUp
    Coliemore House
    Coliemore Road
    Dalkey
    Co Dublin
    Tel: 01-2848911 Fax: 01-2048177
    www.privateresearch.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

BingoBongo wrote:
    I've used that company 2 months ago to form a company and every thing is done professionally and quick and would have no proplems in recomending them

Here's there adress

Sandra
    Private Research Ltd T/A Company SetUp
    Coliemore House
    Coliemore Road
    Dalkey
    Co Dublin
    Tel: 01-2848911 Fax: 01-2048177
    www.privateresearch.ie

Excellent, thanks for that - will go with them so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 jacket222002

Wages dept will not know about the new company. The new company will need to register for Paye, maybe Vat as an employer.

Advertisement