Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Epos systems?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 3:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

Hi
    I'm looking for advice on epos systems.
    Basically I'm putting together a business plan for a retail shop and will need an epos system.

I love technology so I'm keen to use a modern solution.
    I'd need one pos/till. Scanner, printer, screen and software backend that gives me info on stock control etc.

I've been searching the golden pages and google for companies but as I have no experience of epos systems there seems to be a lot of choice.
    Can anyone tell me their experience of the systems available.

One of the things I was hoping to do was to lease a system. This would help keep startup costs to a minimum but I have not been able to find a company that does leasing. Buying these systems new looks out of the question. If I new what I was looking for I could pick something up off ebay but I'd rather lease and have some support.

Any advice appreciated.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

The way the leasing works is by getting the bank to do the leasing.

If you are opening a relatively small shop, consider buying the simplest system you can.

There is a thread on here somewhere about a lady who spent five grand on an EPOS system for a very small shop and never got any value out of it, and was unable to sell it later on.

Realistically though, if you want support, it's going to be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

There's some good programs on www.Download.com that will let you triall them for a week or heres some from google ads

* iTouch EPoS Solutions
    Visit Web Site Powerful, easy to use EPoS solution for Hospitality & Retail Industries
    www.itouchpos.com
    * EPoS Systems IRL
    Visit Web Site Solutions For Your Business Cost Effective PoS RMS & ICG S/W
    www.positivesystemssolutions.com
    * Irish EPoS Systems
    Visit Web Site Touch screen and PC based EPoS systems for Irish retail businesses
    www.justscan.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

So did you get the EPOS system yet.if so what company did you buy it from.
    thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Crimbo

I have worked in this field for a number of years and can tell you that most of the costs involved are for the software. Send me a pm if you need any help.

If anyone has a Epos system or a normal till and is looking to purchase till rolls please send me a pm.I have access to the follwing products

76mm x 76mm single ply

80mm x 80mm Single ply Thermal paper

Also Compatible Epson ERC 32/34/38 Ribbons (Amazing Quality)

Please send me a pm for more details.Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 macfhi

If you are into new technology you should look at Efaveo. They have a web based EPOS system. Software as a service is paid for as you use the service rather than up front so it will be cheaper to start. It also includes an online shop.
    They can be contacted at info@efaveo.com

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

I worked for an Irish EPOS supplier for a year, not only was it a sh*t job, the products they sold were so flaky I couldn't stay with them any longer. Their software would just forget about sales, and PLUs, and their markup on items was disgusting. For example, an Epson TM88II thermal printer most businesses use we were buying off a retailer on the net for 300 Euro, and charging 800 for.

Buy your hardware yourself, and just get some software afterwards.

ned78 wrote:
    I worked for an Irish EPOS supplier for a year, not only was it a sh*t job, the products they sold were so flaky I couldn't stay with them any longer. Their software would just forget about sales, and PLUs, and their markup on items was disgusting. For example, an Epson TM88II thermal printer most businesses use we were buying off a retailer on the net for 300 Euro, and charging 800 for.

Buy your hardware yourself, and just get some software afterwards.

Yeah that sounds weird as the printer can be got on ebay for 50-100 euro :) , All epos companies have huge mark-up on their products so its not only them.

Advertisement