Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car scraped off wall...how much damage?

Options
  • 09-01-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

I'd say the picture below speaks for itself, but I caught the edge of a wall with the side of the car turning out of a tight spot. Its only the one panel thats damaged. Its dented in around the wheel arch and there is the obvious scrapes. I'm ignoring the slight scrape on the bumper because there only so much I can handle.

So does anybody have an idea what it will cost for panel beating/re-spray? I'll be paying out of my own pocket so I want to keep the costs down. Also any suggestions where to go with it? I'm out the maynooth direction from Dublin, but would travel a little to get it done if needs be.

Its a Mitsubishi Colt.

car.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I would guesstimate that it will cost you anywhere from 4-600 to get that done right. They will end up having to spray a good bit of the front door as well, so that it blends in properly and doesn't look a different shade. Whether it was a small scrape or a big one like you have, the cost would be similar.... same amount of work would be required, masking, spraying, etc...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Try http://www.carcraft.ie/

They're supposed to be very good and pretty reasonable :)

Advertisement