Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New phone points

Options
  • 09-01-2007 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

First off apologies if I've replicated a FAQ here.
    I have need of a new phone point in my home. I am a SMART Bband customer, can they do it or do I have to go to Eircom?

Thanks,

E.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭Raytown Rocks

Eamo71 wrote:
    Hi All,

First off apologies if I've replicated a FAQ here.
    I have need of a new phone point in my home. I am a SMART Bband customer, can they do it or do I have to go to Eircom?

Thanks,

E.

I imagine neither will do it( open to correction). You are looking for an extension of the main phone. This is internal wiring that you will either have to do yourself or get an electrician/or telecoms engineer to install for you.
    If you ring eircom they may do it for a fee, might be cheaper to do yourself, and its quite easy.

Chef

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

chef wrote:
    I imagine neither will do it( open to correction). You are looking for an extension of the main phone. This is internal wiring that you will either have to do yourself or get an electrician/or telecoms engineer to install for you.
    If you ring eircom they may do it for a fee, might be cheaper to do yourself, and its quite easy.

Chef

Thanks, Chef.

What I'm trying to do is elimiante the need to bore holes through the interior walls (concrete walls in this house) or rip up floorboards (the wife says they aren't to be touched!) So my idea was to get the point from the source (outside) and bring it in. So there would be only one samll hole drilled from the outside etc... (am I making sense here?)

I understand.
    Tell me is this an old or new house.
    Does the exsisiting cable come in overhead from an eircom pole in through a window or door or wall or
    is it underground to a joint box on the external wall of your house

Chef

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

chef wrote:
    I understand.
    Tell me is this an old or new house.
    Does the exsisiting cable come in overhead from an eircom pole in through a window or door or wall or
    is it underground to a joint box on the external wall of your house

Chef

An Old house Circa 1970. Phoneline is coming overhead as far as I can make out -- to a box on the side of the house. The wire stretches from the house across the road.

reading some other threads elsewhere a DECT wireless phone extension might be the answer....thoughts?
    Thanks, again!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 339 ✭✭mastermind2005

Hi, i can do this if you like, i can run an extention line from your existing circuit, quit neatly but possibly might have to drill a small hole or tack some cable along a border depending on where you want the point installed, send me a personal message if u want my number, thanks

• Advertisement

Eamo71 wrote:
    An Old house Circa 1970. Phoneline is coming overhead as far as I can make out -- to a box on the side of the house. The wire stretches from the house across the road.

reading some other threads elsewhere a DECT wireless phone extension might be the answer....thoughts?
    Thanks, again!

Hi Eamo71

Dect may well be the way to go, the lads in the satellite forum would know best, and Im sure you have been in touch with them.

Chef

Advertisement