Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Moving to 0.0

Options
  • 09-01-2007 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭

Whats the best way to move into 0.0 sec and set up a new home without getting your ass shot off and upsetting the locals. Reading the forums I get the jist if your not blue your well... DEAD!! :D

I was looking to move either myself on my own or bring along 20 other corp members via an alliance (if that was possible!) to 0.0 sec from Empire as PvE empire mission running is getting tiresome and 0.0 ratting could be fun not to mention lucrative!

What would be the best way to go about trying to achive this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Join an alliance :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

R0ot wrote:

Which one? BoB? ASCN? there's loads :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

R0ot wrote:
    Wot 'e said

But dont join the first one that pops its head up, do some research .... some alliances are up to their eyeballs in wars / agression and will not allow mining/ratting during Call To Arms (CTA's) ... and CTA's seem to be constant for some Alliances *cough* LV and V *cough*... this would turn a nice lucrative proposition into a severely wallet emptying situation ....

Also, once in a big Alliance you will no longer travel safely in empire as chances are that Privateers will have your allaince wardecced.... you might even have Ponster orbiting you in a rifter of doo^h^h^h a little bit annoying

moral: go north or west, the whole place seems to be NAPed to hell .... D2 seem to be getting stronger all the time (with a very strong PvP core - something that ASCN was lacking if you ask me)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

Rubbish for adventure and profit head south and join ISS

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

tba wrote:
    Rubbish for adventure and profit head south and join ISS

your cruel. :)

Incidently how well could someone live out in 0.0 without joining an alliance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

very badly (a corp can survive well enough), that was one of the ventures of ISS (yo allow newbs access to 0.0) but they didn't get a broad enough base.

If they had had the cash of 5-6 major alliances in the shares they would have been invunerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Hobbes wrote:
    Incidently how well could someone live out in 0.0 without joining an alliance?
    The problem with solo 0.0 activities is the need to go back to civilisation at regular intervals.... you will need a scout in front (and possibly behind depending on the level of local wars etc) and stand a decent chance of getting ganked.

The best mining / ratting systems are permafarmed, so you would ratting battlecruisers and 500k BS's mostly (max isk 10mil/hour?) in some out of the way system .... with local open and watching it like a hawk.... Those npc's are not great for dropping good mods either (dont know about rig components).

Mining would net less isk/hour unless you were lucky enough to find one with some arkanor or some other min that is ok but not great.

Best ship for ninja ratting/mining in some alliance territory is a battlecruiser, Cyclone is popular but you go through a lot of ammo .... fighting sanshas in a prophecy is possibly the best, lots of space for mods/rig parts, cheap ship and no ammo is always going to work out more cost effective than a ammo using ship .... havent flown any of the new BC's except on Sisi some time ago so dont know what the tier 2's are like

BigEejit wrote:
    The problem with solo 0.0 activities is the need to go back to civilisation at regular intervals.... you will need a scout in front (and possibly behind depending on the level of local wars etc) and stand a decent chance of getting ganked.

The best mining / ratting systems are permafarmed, so you would ratting battlecruisers and 500k BS's mostly (max isk 10mil/hour?) in some out of the way system .... with local open and watching it like a hawk.... Those npc's are not great for dropping good mods either (dont know about rig components).

Mining would net less isk/hour unless you were lucky enough to find one with some arkanor or some other min that is ok but not great.

Best ship for ninja ratting/mining in some alliance territory is a battlecruiser, Cyclone is popular but you go through a lot of ammo .... fighting sanshas in a prophecy is possibly the best, lots of space for mods/rig parts, cheap ship and no ammo is always going to work out more cost effective than a ammo using ship .... havent flown any of the new BC's except on Sisi some time ago so dont know what the tier 2's are like

I'm a Caldari Pilot... yar I know another one! :D so I'd be looking at a Drake or a Raven for doing some ratting. I suppose a Drake could also make a good tanked out salvager given the right equipment. For hauling stuff to and fro I was looking to be using a Freighter to bring back my own stuff and pick up a few contracts along the route back to Empire.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

If you are doing any serious freigther transport from 0.0 to empire you need a transport ship or your going to be shredded and looted fairly often.

Hobbes wrote:
    If you are doing any serious freighter transport from 0.0 to empire you need a transport ship or your going to be shredded and looted fairly often.

Yeah I concur! I was thinking of getting a Charon to run some serious freighter contracts, but what i wasn't sure is if I might be better using a smaller ship that was somewhat expendable

• Advertisement
Advertisement