Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

converting to .wmv

• 09-01-2007 4:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

folks,

am working on a job at the moment that requires me to convert video to .wmv format for broadcast on the web. now - i'm using final cut studio with the flip4mac converter, but it's still taking an absolute age to encode. Does anyone know of a faster way to encode to .wmv? or better yet, is there another file format I could sell to the client? I was going to use quicktime files or mp4s, but would like to hear what you guys think before going back to them with ideas...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

yamo wrote:
    folks,

am working on a job at the moment that requires me to convert video to .wmv format for broadcast on the web. now - i'm using final cut studio with the flip4mac converter, but it's still taking an absolute age to encode. Does anyone know of a faster way to encode to .wmv? or better yet, is there another file format I could sell to the client? I was going to use quicktime files or mp4s, but would like to hear what you guys think before going back to them with ideas...

flv (flash video)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I think you'll find encoding video in general is damn time consuming (without some uber-hardware)!

Two free options:
    http://www.any-dvd-converter.com/ - Haven't used this one yet, but it does most formats.

http://www.autogk.me.uk/ - Xvid and DivX, great quality but a little time consuming if you want quality.

For speedy encodes, I use Nero Recode 2, part of Nero Vision Express package, only one pass to Nero Digital .mp4 is the fastest but you lose quality.

Don't know much else, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 krayZpaving

I use "Total Video Converter". I find it a lot faster and more reliable than AutoGK. Plus, it has more input and output format options.

Advertisement