Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stolen Golf GTI

Options
  • 09-01-2007 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

A Golf GTI was stolen from Cabinteely 2 nights ago.
    Details:
    1.8 GTI
    5 door
    Blue
    Leather interior
    Standard alloys
    Car was in excellent condition.

We would appreciate if any body see's this car (or similar in case they changed the plates) parked up in their work / appartment block car parks to contact the Gardai.

They used a crow bar to force open the front door of the house. They got the keys but not the alarm fob, so they were able to drive the car away with the alarm going off.

Thanks

edit: car reg removed @ OPs request

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

sorry to hear about that, i'll keep an eye out and tell mates too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

hey,

Just to help people, you might want to state what colour the Leather is?? ..and also any other distinguishing marks?? dents, modifications etc?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Sorry to hear about that.. Pure scum

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Scumbags like that should be shot. I'll keep an eye out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

Thanks for the feedback lads, I'll ask him tomorrow for more details, but the car appears to be a bog standard GTI, no modifications. I'll also confirm what colour the interior was, almost certain it was black, heated leather recaro.

He was glad that it was just the car they were after as the noise woke up one of his kids who saw the bastards :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Elfish

Sorry to hear about your pal's bad luck. As soon as I read your post, it fitted in with something that happened me. Might be a different car but it does tally.

For what its worth, yesterday a blue Golf (didn't notice number plate and guessing it must have been a GTI from the speed of it) nearly ran me off the road overtaking on the road that goes from crossroads near Tractamotors garage in Blanch village going towards Coolmine. Followed him up round the roundabout and he then really floored it on the straight again. Was on my bike, and was going to give him a taste of his own medicine, but i just let him off as he was really baiting it and didn't want him to think he was racing me. He kept accelerating even coming up to the woods pedestrian crossing. 3 lads in the car.

Will keep an eye out tomorrow but won't be around there. Might be worth a drive round the general area yourself, you might get lucky. Or up and down N3. Maybe even the Shopping Centre carpark/multistorey.

I've been told that stolen cars that are stolen to sell are usally stored in apartment complexes in the Blanch/Finglas area for a few days to check if they have a tracking device

@ Elfish & Onkle, thanks for the info!!
    Any "hot spots" in particular, eg specific areas, roads, complexes in the area that would be good idea to cruise by?
    Probably better to PM me so nobody here gets upset about naming areas on a public forum.
    Once again, thanks lads!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

That was a close one.... hope the kids are ok.

He got a call from the Guards, the car was recovered and is now been assesed by his insurers. It was in at least 2 high speed pursuits over the week it was missing. The original alloys are gone and a bit of body work damage. Going to see how much the claim will be for.

His kid is still nervous at night, bastard will probably plead the usual ****e, father never loved him, society made him do it, not his fault that he's a scumbag, will probably, no most likely, will get bail and do the same ****e again. Screwing around ordinary working peoples lives and the lives of their familys.

Rant over, it's been a long day :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

skibum wrote:
    It was in at least 2 high speed pursuits over the week it was missing.

...and it got away in some of them?????

good to hear he got it back!

Did they catch the thief?

To be honest if it was me I'd never want to drive that car again. I'd hope it was written off or if not just fix it and sell it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Unfortunatly this is not the first time i have heard this type of story , it always seems to involve a GTI. Or some other high performance car, usually a GTI though.

I reckon the only prevention is if you want to drive a GTI buy a Garage or at least a bollard at the driveway end.

Heres hoping fro the day these *******ing ***** are given a suitable punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Onkle wrote:
    To be honest if it was me I'd never want to drive that car again. I'd hope it was written off or if not just fix it and sell it

happened to me. car was nicked, recovered with some crash damage - bent alloys and bust tyres. had the seats stabbed with a knife/screwdriver, ignition barrelled, stuff nicked - stereo, cd's, even the baby seat from the back.

had some bad feeling driving the car afterwards thinking about the pure scum that did it, but I got over it. that was nearly two years ago.

people tend to move on. it's a pain in the ass, and these people are scum but there's no point in letting it get to you.

A guy I know had an old fiesta (mk1) years ago and had it stolen. Car was only driven about 3 miles, he'd just looked at the tacho the night it was stolen. Only damage was the lock and the ignition, thing was though the car was full of drug [SIZE=-1]paraphernalia when it was recovered. Obviously he never wanted to touch the car again. Pity cos it was only about ten years ago and the car was perfect and about 16 years old at the time

Point is, the guy is never going to know what went on in his car
    [/SIZE]

Advertisement