Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fellow Basset Hound Owners

Options
  • 09-01-2007 6:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Just wondering if there are any bassethound owners on this site. Have a problem with a crying / howling basset.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Sometimes it is with any type of hound, they tend to be loud. It is the way they used to communicate with each other. Can you give us some more specifics on when it happens, or is it all the time?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

My dad has one and i have only ever heard it howl once and that was at a pidgeon inn a tree but it lives with 2 other dogs so has company 24/7 also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 JoshC

its a crying noise / whining once we leave the house - not barking. Its caused by loneliness.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭hubiedubie

I have 2 Basset hounds. They never howl but one of them barks if he is left outside for too long. They don't like going to bed (they have a room downstairs) preferring to stay sleep in our bedroom. I think that's the case with all dogs though, they always like to be with the rest of the pack.

Advertisement