Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple iphone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

dsc_0183.jpg
    It is also the widescreen ipod and has Wifi and touchscreendsc_0186.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

pretty groovy alright.. just watching it here now on macrumorslive.com

Youve gotta hand it to apple when they make a product they make it good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Very nice!

Any news on the battery life yet?!

i dont think so.Something tells me this is america only phone but the apple store is closed

• Advertisement

it better bloody not be America only... the multitouch on it looks pretty cool.

Amazing phone alright with LOTS of features.Its like a portable mac.I bet it will have a nice price aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭destraynor

It's a GSM Phone, it shouldn't be USA only.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yup; this looks like the Apple PDA people had always hoped for - bundled with a phone and ipod for good measure..

I want one... but it'll probably cost the earth!

yeah quad band...

• Advertisement

5 hours of battery of talk time, video, and browsing. 16 hours of audio playback.

$499 and 599 for 4 and 8gig.. hmmm

ack.. wont be out in europe till q4

8GB model - $599
    4GB model - $499
    Released in Europe 4th quater this year

Rymus bet me to it

Actually thats $499 with a 2 year contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

European launch in Q4 2007. I can't wait that long. Importing is the only option! My N93 looks decidedly crap now. I've wanted a complete one in all gadget for some time now, and this should fill the gap nicely, Bluetooth & Wifi (Same as my n93) 2MP Camera (1 less than the n93), touch screen, wide screen , OSX, an accelerometer, speakerphone, safari web browser, Google Maps built in, 8 Gigs of space (They make no mention of Memory Card expansion, but I assume it's possible).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Just read the review of the launch -this is the biggest advancement of mobiles since digital networks, it's upped the ante big time.
    Can't wait to get one (only worry though is the screen getting scratched)...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,582 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I want one badly. I wonder can they be bought unlocked (presumably they'll cost a lot more than $499 unlocked, if you're tied to a 2 year contract with Cingular).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

iPhone homepage, with a painfully beautiful image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

As with all apple products it looks very shiney and new. Pitty about the price :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

its recently been made law in the us of a that networks must provide unlock codes to customers once they are signed up. so... 599+2 year contract buyout = possible if you have money to burn... or no patience! ;)

I have neither money to burn or patience so I guess I'm screwed.... v. network dependent though with conference calling and visual voicemail etc... nice demos of the phone on apple site.

Now they have the screens theres nothing to stop them putting them into the reg ipod. I guess steve left out the infamous "just one more thing" part because its the next logical ipod step but he didn't want to dampen the media coverage of the iphone.

If someone has a link to the video of the keynote speech when its available will u post it here please.. ta.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,695 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Dman001 wrote:
    Actually thats $499 with a 2 year contract

Wait a year and a bit and Meteor will be giving them out free , with a one year contract -- i don't think its that revoltionary , nor will they have it all there way like with the ipod, i think Sony will offer serious competition -- currently i prefer the quality of sound on my Sony phone to ipod --

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Meteor don't do free phones anymore. I really doubt a high spec model like this will ever be free, nor do I expect them to come down in price hugely. iPods don't come down in price majorly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

It's flippin' gorgeous! Only niggle is 2mp camera but who cares - don't worry this will be sold worldwide I have it on good authority! Not sure when though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

thebaz wrote:
    Wait a year and a bit and Meteor will be giving them out free , with a one year contract -- i don't think its that revoltionary , nor will they have it all there way like with the ipod, i think Sony will offer serious competition -- currently i prefer the quality of sound on my Sony phone to ipod --

Dude there's no difference in the quality of sound between Sony phones and iPod - I have both MP3's are MP3's as long as you have decent headphones and a graphic equaliser it doesn't matter what you play them on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 587 ✭✭✭richieg

With a screen like that its a pity it doesn't have more memory to handle video either built in or expandable. Still can't have everything and this is only 1st gen. Good to see its nice and slim if a little wide.
    The UI looks typical apple....absolutely sweet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭damo86

thebaz wrote:
    "i don't think its that revolutionary" ...jeez your picky,defo my next phone.its STUNNING,defo will have to get an iskin or something for that.
    So its got mac os x..would that it will run full mac os x apps?...if so...multiplayer gaming.hmmmm yummy!
    Oh why.oh why no 3g/hspda with video camera for ichat.
    Cant wait for the chat style sms,recently got a treo 650 and has the same and its savage!

"i think Sony will offer serious competition"...me arse!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

I don't get the appeal of a touchscreen on a phone. I had a P800 once and as fantastic as the features were I had to get rid of it because not having proper tactile buttons made it unusable.

I'm sure it'll be a nice mp3 player and the internet gimmicks might be interesting to play around with but at that price it's not very appealing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

steviec wrote:
    I don't get the appeal of a touchscreen on a phone

Because it's the closest freakin' thing to Star Trek we've had in YEARS! Touchscreen, voice, data, camera, music, web access ... I'm still playing with my penis thinking about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

dsc_0179.jpg
    I wonder if itunes will sell ringtones(look at the pic)?.All we need now is movies on iTunes Ireland(which is supposed to be going international this year).Now that all the iPhone and touchscreen ipods rumors will be gone i wonder what will replace them.An apple game console???

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement